You can add a Task to a Job that has been created in FYI. Whenever a Job has been selected as part of the Task details, the Task also displays in the Tasks tab of the Jobs workspace for that Job. It can also be accessed from the Tasks section of the drawer of the relevant Job. Refer to Displaying Tasks by Job.
A Task can be added to a Job:
- From the drawer when a Job is opened.
- When creating a new Task.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Creating Tasks Tutorial (5 min).
Adding a Task from the Open Job
- In FYI, select the Job from a list.
The drawer displays.
- Expand the Task section in the drawer to expand it and click the Add Task Button.
Create Task displays in the drawer.
Adding a Job when Creating a Task
When creating a Task (using the + button) you can select the Client and then select a Job, directly in the Create Task. You can also associate a Task to a Job when adding a Task to an email or document. When selecting the Job, you can click Show Closed Jobs to select a closed job.
Entering the Filing Details and Creating the Task
- In the Create Task drawer, select or enter the filing fields for the task, or change any defaults that have been given.
Refer to Using the Task Drawer.
- Click Create.
The assignee is notified about the task and the task is displayed in Task lists. It can also be accessed from the Tasks section of the associated Job.