The Comments feature allows questions, updates and commentary to be added to specific documents and tasks, assisting team collaboration. Email notifications can be sent automatically to FYI users referenced in the Comments.
You can add Comments to documents in FYI and also from the FYI Drawer in Outlook and Office.
Comments can be added to Templates, Word Stationery or Email Signatures.
Home - My Comments
The My Comments tab in your Home displays a summary of any documents for which you have created a Comment or on which you have been mentioned. This displays the name of the person who created the Comment and it also displays the message. Click on the first line of the summary to display the details of the relevant document in the drawer with the Comment pane opened automatically.
You can filter the Home - My Comments by Date Range with a Start and or End Date. You can also filter these by comments you are mentioned in or that you have created.
Comments for Automation Processes
Automatic notifications can be set up via Comments that are defined and triggered as part of process automations. These set up an automatic alert system to ensure your practice is aware of any documents that have been imported, filed or changed automatically as a result of an Automation process. Refer to Automation Notifications.
Notifications about Comments, Tasks and Summary Notifications from a process, display in your Home - Notifications tab.
In your Home - Notifications:
- If you have been mentioned in a Comment, click on the first line in the Notification ("mentioned you in a document", "mentioned you in a job", "mentioned you in a task") to display the Task, or the Comment on a document.
- If you have been assigned a Task, click on the first line in the Notification ("assigned you a task") to display the Task.
- If you have been sent a Summary Notification by a process, click on the message in the Notification to display the summary.
Where there is a long message in the Notifications, the first line is displayed with three dots (...).
The Alerts icon (the bell icon) in the top right-hand corner of the menu can also be used to display the Notifications tab in your Home.
If you have more than 99 notifications, hover the mouse over the Alerts icon to display the number of notifications in the tool tip.
Receiving Notifications as Emails
If you also want to receive an email as notification, you can configure your settings to do this.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down
- Go to the Profile tab.
- In Notification Mode, select "Email".
Note: If a user has an Alias set up in their User Profile, email notifications will be sent to the email address that is set up as the Alias. Refer to Managing Users.