To view information specific to an individual Client, click on a Client Name in a list to display the Client Workspace. The Client Name in any list is a hyperlink to directly display the Client Workspace.
You can also use the Quick Access drop-down to recently used clients (refer to Quick Access to Recently Used Clients).
The Client Workspace has tabbed pages from where you can view information, documents, tasks, and jobs specific to a Client or Client Group.
The Clients - Summary tab displays initially.
If you have selected a Group, the information in the Client Workspace relates to all the clients in the selected Group. Refer to Displaying Information for Family or Client Groups.
For a video walkthrough of this feature, refer to Leveraging the Client Workspace (4 min).
The Client Workspace includes the following tabbed pages:
- Summary includes client and group information, client details, recent documents and tasks related to each client. This is where you can create a record a phone call, file note or meeting. Refer to Client Summary.
- Detail includes any Client Settings for auto-filing (such as Cabinets and Categories), sending attachments and Jobs (if relevant). If Custom Fields have been set up in your Xero Practice Manager they display in this tab. Refer to Client Detail.
- Contacts displays the Contacts held for that client in Xero Practice Manager. Refer to
- Jobs displays jobs that have been synchronised from Xero Practice Manager. This is a handy tool for monitoring open Jobs by Client. Refer to Client Jobs.
- Tasks and Documents display tasks and documents that are specific to the Client. Refer to Client Tasks and Client Documents.
- Tax displays Tax returns imported from Xero Tax. Refer to Client Tax.
- Corporate Affairs shows a summary of annual ASIC statements, if you are integrated with BGL or NowInfinity. When integrated with NowInfinity, it also includes imported corporate documents. Refer to Client Corporate Affairs, refer to Import from BGL and Import from NowInfinity.
- Apps shows any third parties with which the client is integrated. You use this tab to connect a client to Xero Tax.
Processes displays any Custom Processes that have been set up to run manually and that can be run for selected clients. These can be run manually from the Processes tab for the selected client.
Process History is an automatic log of any automation Processes that have run for the client, with the Status as "Success", "Error" or "In Progress".
Refer to Client Apps, Processes and Process History.
- Collaborate is for future use.
- Security tab can only be accessed by an FYI administrator. Client Security allows you to limit complete access to that client to one or more specific users. When Client Security is enabled for a client, only the users who have been given access will see any information about the client. Refer to Client Security.