Various default settings can be set for your practice. These settings can only be changed by an FYI Admin.
- Displaying the Practice Settings
Displaying the Practice Settings
- Login to FYI as an FYI Admin.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down.
- Then select Admin.
- Go to the Settings tab.
If users leave FYI inactive for a period of time, they will be automatically logged out and prompted to login again in order to continue using FYI. The default is 8 hours inactive time before a login times out. This timeout can be changed according to the preference of your own practice.
Open Outlook/Office using
These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with OneDrive Desktop or OneDrive Online (via the browser). Refer to Opening and Editing Emails and Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents.
Task Due Days
This sets the default for the Due Date when tasks are created. When a task is created, the Due Date is set as the specified number of days from today's date. Refer to Using the Task Drawer.
Default Email Signature
This holds the Default Email Signature for your practice. This will be used for all users when creating emails in FYI unless the user has an alternate Signature set in their user profile. Refer to Creating Email Templates and Signatures. You can only select an Active Email Signature.
When a user selects a particular view in any list, if Sticky Views are enabled for your practice, that choice will be their default for the rest of the session and also when they logout and login again. This means that when a view has been selected, when the user displays another list and then returns to that list, or logs out and in again, the same view will be initially selected in the drop-down. Refer to Sticky Views.
Show jobs by client
This allows you to file documents either for a Job for the specific client, or for a job that exists for any of the clients within the Client Group.
- When Show jobs by client is ticked in the Practice Settings, only the jobs for the specific client are included for selection when filing a document, and when creating a Time entry.
- When Show jobs by client is not ticked in the Practice Settings, when filing a document and when creating a Time entry, the list of jobs includes all jobs for all of the clients in the Client Group.
When Advanced Workflow is enabled, the additional Workflow Statuses of First Review and Final Review are available. Refer to Multi-Person Review and Approval. This option is only available for practices on the Pro plan.
This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected for Tasks. By default, this is not enabled.
- When Task Security is enabled, and users create a task, they can select a Cabinet to add the Cabinet security to the task. A user can only select a Cabinet that they have access to via their User Group setting. Enabling Task Security also automatically includes the Cabinet column in Task views.
This ensures that only users with access to that Cabinet can see the task, for example, for sensitive areas such as HR or performance management.
Also where a task is created In an Automation process, the Cabinet can be selected or where a task is automatically created as linked to a document, the task cabinet is inherited from the document created. Refer to Creating a Stand-Alone Task and Create Task in Process Step Details - Creating Documents and Tasks.
- If Task Security is not enabled for your practice, a Cabinet cannot be selected when users create a task.
Task Job Category
This controls whether or not users can select Job Category when adding Tasks that are associated with a Client.
- When Task Job Security is enabled, a Job Category field is included when creating a task and Job Category can be included as a column in Task lists.
The AutoArchive Documents function automatically archives the client's documents when the client is archived in your practice management software. AutoArchive Documents also allows specific documents to be archived using Bulk Update, for example, all documents for a specific Year category can be archived after the required retention period has passed.
The archived documents are removed from the general views, such as the "All" view, but can still be accessed by selecting the separate "Archived" view in documents lists. Refer to AutoArchive Client Documents.
As soon as the AutoArchive Documents setting is enabled in your Practice Settings, all documents for clients that already have a Status of "Archived" are automatically archived retrospectively. Subsequently, when a client is archived in your practice management software, once the client has synced to FYI and the Status of the client is set as "Archived" in FYI, this will automatically archive all the documents for that client.
Default Task Start Date
This controls whether or not the Start Date on Tasks defaults to today's date.
- When Default Task Start Date is enabled in Practice Settings, the Start Date is set automatically as today's date on any Tasks that are created as stand-alone Tasks or from an email, document or job. This is currently not applicable to Tasks created with automation processes.
- When Default Task Start Date is not enabled, the Start Date in the Task is blank and can optionally be set when the Task is created.
When the Workflow Jobs function is enabled for your practice, Tasks that are set up for Jobs in Xero Practice Manager are synced to FYI and are created as Workflow Jobs. This creates "sub-jobs" within the overall Job. Refer to Enabling and Setting up Workflow Jobs.
Job Cabinet Security
This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected in a Job. This allows Cabinet security to be set on Jobs. Users only have access to those Jobs for the Cabinets to which they have been given access via the User Group they belong to. Refer to Managing User Groups and Using the Job Drawer.
Default Styles - Default Font and Default Font Size
The Default Font and Default Font Size can be set for your practice. The selected Font and Font Size are used to set the font in the following:
- For emails created in FYI, for any text that is entered in addition to the text brought in from a Signature and Email Template.
- As the default font for text when creating a Phone Call, File Note or Meeting.
- In Knowledge - Templates:
- As the default font for any new Email Signatures or Templates.
- When using the Apply Default Styles, to set the font and font size of all the text in the Signatures or Email Templates selected in the list.
- Apply Default Styles can also be used in the Editor in an open Signature or Email Template Email to set the font and font size of all the text in that Signature or Email Template.
- Refer to Using the Knowledge Templates List.
Note: When adding text to Emails, Phone Calls. File Notes and Meetings, the default font and font size initially display as "Font Family" and "12" and these display the relevant font and font size set as the Default Style for your practice when you click in the editor area to enter the text.
Note: Due to licencing rules, Calibri and Trebuchet MS will display with their Open Source Font name in the HTML editor but will convert to the Microsoft font when an email is sent from FYI or drafted to Outlook.