In the Settings, an FYI administrator has access to:
- Practice Settings - Admin
- Practice Settings - Documents
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down.
The Practice Settings - Admin holds the following tabs:
- Users - refer to Managing Users.
- User Groups - refer to Managing User Groups.
- Devices - lists all the users and shows the devices on which they are currently connected to FYI.
- Account - used to select your FYI plan and enter or update the details of the credit card to use for the payment. Refer to Setting up your FYI Account and Changing your Billing Details.
- Settings - see below.
The Practice Settings - Documents holds the following tabs:
- Cabinets - refer to Managing Cabinets.
- Categories - refer to Managing Categories.
- Views - displays a list of all the views and can be used to delete a view. Refer to Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
- Job States - refer to Job States.
- Tags - refer to Using Tags.
- Import/Export - refer to Bulk Export and Implementors: Running a Bulk Import.
The Practice Settings - Onboarding gives an FYI administrator access to the Onboarding Wizard after your practice has become an active client. This gives access to all the Onboarding information and processes, to the Training links and to the Book Discovery page. Refer to Onboarding Wizard.
Practice Settings - Admin - Settings
Various default settings can be set for your practice. These settings can be changed by an FYI Administrator.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Admin.
- Go to the Settings tab.
Login Timeout - If users leave FYI inactive for a period of time, they will be automatically logged out and prompted to login again in order to continue using FYI. The default is 8 hours inactive time before a login times out. This timeout can be changed according to the preference of your own practice.
Open Outlook/Office using - These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with Desktop or Online (via the browser). Refer to Opening and Editing Emails and Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents.
Task Due Days - This sets the default for the due date when tasks are created. Refer to the section Creating Tasks.
Default Email Signature - This holds the Default Email Signature for your practice. This will be used for all emails for any users who do not have an alternate Signature set in their user profile.
Use "Last, First" style - In Xero Practice Manager, the client name is held in the format "Last Name, First Name". The Use "Last, First" style option keeps this same format in FYI when clients are synchronised from Xero Practice Manager.
If you wanted to change this for FYI (so that client names are held in FYI in the format "First Name, Last Name") you can disable the Use "Last, First" style option. Note that, if this is done after clients have been imported, you would then need to do a full synchronisation of the clients from Xero Practice Manager.
Sticky Views - When a user selects a particular view in any list, if Sticky Views are enabled for your practice, that choice will be their default for the rest of the session and also when they log out and log in again. This means that when a view has been selected, when the user displays another list and then returns to that list, or logs out and in again, the same view will be initially selected in the drop-down. Refer to Sticky Views.
Show jobs by client - This allows you to file documents either for a Job for the specific client, or for a job that exists for any of the clients within the Client Group.
- When Show jobs by client is ticked in the Practice Settings, only the jobs for the specific client are included for selection when filing a document.
- When Show jobs by client is not ticked in the Practice Settings, when filing a document the list of jobs includes all jobs for all of the clients in the Client Group.
Advanced Workflow - When Advanced Workflow is enabled, the additional Workflow Statuses of First Review and Final Review are available. Refer to Multi-Person Review and Approval. This option is only available for practices on the "Pro" plan.
Task Security - This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected for Tasks. By default, this is not enabled.
- When Task Security is enabled, and users create a task, they can select a Cabinet to add the Cabinet security to the task. A user can only select a Cabinet that they have access to via their User Group setting. Enabling Task Security also automatically includes the Cabinet column in Task views.
This ensures that only users with access to that Cabinet can see the task, for example, for sensitive areas such as HR or performance management.
Also where a task is created In an Automation process, the Cabinet can be selected or where a task is automatically created as linked to a document, the task cabinet is inherited from the document created. Refer to Creating a Stand-Alone Task and Automation Process Steps.
- If Task Security is not enabled for your practice, a Cabinet cannot be selected when users create a task.
Task Job Category - This controls whether or not users can select Job Category when adding Tasks that are associated with a Client. When Task Job Security is enabled, a Job Category field is included when creating a task and Job Category can be included as a column in Task lists.
Default Email Signature for your Practice
The Practice Settings holds the Default Email Signature. This will be used for all users when creating emails in FYI unless the user has an alternate Signature set in their user profile. Refer to Creating Email Templates and Signatures.
You can only select an Active Email Signature.