Various default settings can be set for your practice. These settings can be changed by an FYI Administrator.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Admin.
- Go to the Settings tab.
Login Timeout - If users leave FYI inactive for a period of time, they will be automatically logged out and prompted to login again in order to continue using FYI. The default is 8 hours inactive time before a login times out. This timeout can be changed according to the preference of your own practice.
Open Outlook/Office using - These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with OneDrive Desktop or OneDrive Online (via the browser). Refer to Opening and Editing Emails and Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents.
Task Due Days - This sets the default for the Due Date when tasks are created. When a task is created, the Due Date is set as the specified number of days from today's date. Refer to Using the Task Drawer.
Default Email Signature - This holds the Default Email Signature for your practice. This will be used for all users when creating emails in FYI unless the user has an alternate Signature set in their user profile. Refer to Creating Email Templates and Signatures. You can only select an Active Email Signature.
Sticky Views - When a user selects a particular view in any list, if Sticky Views are enabled for your practice, that choice will be their default for the rest of the session and also when they log out and log in again. This means that when a view has been selected, when the user displays another list and then returns to that list, or logs out and in again, the same view will be initially selected in the drop-down. Refer to Sticky Views.
Show jobs by client - This allows you to file documents either for a Job for the specific client, or for a job that exists for any of the clients within the Client Group.
- When Show jobs by client is ticked in the Practice Settings, only the jobs for the specific client are included for selection when filing a document, and when creating a Time entry.
- When Show jobs by client is not ticked in the Practice Settings, when filing a document and when creating a Time entry, the list of jobs includes all jobs for all of the clients in the Client Group.
Advanced Workflow - When Advanced Workflow is enabled, the additional Workflow Statuses of First Review and Final Review are available. Refer to Multi-Person Review and Approval. This option is only available for practices on the "Pro" plan.
Task Security - This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected for Tasks. By default, this is not enabled.
- When Task Security is enabled, and users create a task, they can select a Cabinet to add the Cabinet security to the task. A user can only select a Cabinet that they have access to via their User Group setting. Enabling Task Security also automatically includes the Cabinet column in Task views.
This ensures that only users with access to that Cabinet can see the task, for example, for sensitive areas such as HR or performance management.
Also where a task is created In an Automation process, the Cabinet can be selected or where a task is automatically created as linked to a document, the task cabinet is inherited from the document created. Refer to Creating a Stand-Alone Task and Create Task in Process Step Details and Examples.
- If Task Security is not enabled for your practice, a Cabinet cannot be selected when users create a task.
Task Job Category - This controls whether or not users can select Job Category when adding Tasks that are associated with a Client.
- When Task Job Security is enabled, a Job Category field is included when creating a task and Job Category can be included as a column in Task lists.
AutoArchive Documents - The AutoArchive Documents function automatically archives the client's documents when the client is archived in Xero Practice Manager. AutoArchive Documents also allows specific documents to be archived using Bulk Update, for example, all documents for a specific Year category can be archived after the required retention period has passed.
The archived documents are removed from the general views, such as the "All" view, but can still be accessed by selecting the separate "Archived" view in documents lists. Refer to AutoArchive Client Documents.
As soon as the AutoArchive Documents setting is enabled in your Practice Settings, all documents for clients that already have a Status of "Archived" are automatically archived retrospectively. Subsequently, when a client is archived in Xero Practice Manager, once the client has synced to FYI and the Status of the client is set as "Archived" in FYI, this will automatically archive all the documents for that client.
Default Task Start Date - This controls whether or not the Start Date on Tasks defaults to today's date.
- When Default Task Start Date is enabled in Practice Settings, the Start Date is set automatically as today's date on any Tasks that are created as stand-alone Tasks or from an email, document or job. This is currently not applicable to Tasks created with automation processes.
- When Default Task Start Date is not enabled, the Start Date in the Task is blank and can optionally be set when the Task is created.