Various default settings can be set for your practice. These settings can be changed by an FYI Administrator.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Admin.
- Go to the Settings tab.
Login Timeout. If users leave FYI inactive for a period of time, they will be automatically logged out and prompted to login again in order to continue using FYI. The default is 8 hours inactive time before a login times out. This timeout can be changed according to the preference of your own practice.
Open Outlook/Office using. These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with Desktop or via the Browser. Refer to Opening and Editing Emails and Opening and Editing Documents.
Task Due Days. This sets the default for the due date when tasks are created. Refer to Creating a Task.
Use "Last, First" style - In Xero Practice Manager, the client name is held in the format "Last Name, First Name". The Use "Last, First" style option keeps this same format in FYI when clients are synchronised from Xero Practice Manager.
If you wanted to change this for FYI (so that client names are held in FYI in the format "First Name, Last Name") you can disable the Use "Last, First" style option. Note that, if this is done after clients have been imported, you would then need to do a full synchronisation of the clients from Xero Practice Manager.
Sticky Views. When a user selects a particular view in any list, if Sticky Views are enabled for your practice, that choice will be their default for the rest of the session (that is, until they log out). This means that when a view has been selected, when the user displays any other list and then redisplays that list, the same view will still be initially selected in the drop-down. Refer to Sticky Views.
Show jobs by client. This allows you to file documents either for a Job for the specific client, or for a job that exists for any of the clients within the Client Group.
- When Show jobs by client is ticked in the Practice Settings, only the jobs for the specific client are included for selection when filing a document.
- When Show jobs by client is not ticked in the Practice Settings, when filing a document the list of jobs includes all jobs for all of the clients in the Client Group.
Task Security. This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected for Tasks. By default, this is not enabled.
- When Task Security is enabled, and users create a Task, they can select a Cabinet but they can only select a Cabinet that they have access to via their User Group setting. Enabling Task Security also automatically includes the Cabinet column in Task views. Refer to Creating a Task
- If Task Security is not enabled for your practice, a Cabinet cannot be selected when users create a task.
Cabinet - If Task Security has been set "On" in the Practice Settings for your practice, you can select a Cabinet for the task. You can only select one of the Cabinets that you have access to. Refer to Practice Settings and .