You need to select a document in a list before you can perform certain functions on it.
To select an item in a list, click on the relevant document, email or task and it will display as highlighted with a dark background.
Displaying and Using the Drawer
When you click on a Document in a list, the FYI Drawer displays on the right-hand side of the screen.
The Drawer can be displayed from within FYI, Outlook or Office.
You can use The Drawer to change filing information and set up tasks for the document.
Using the Tool Bar to Work on Documents
When you click on a document in a list to select it, buttons display in the tool bar with additional functions. These allow you to perform the following functions, depending on the list and type of document or email selected:
- Edit an email or document
- Open an email, document, task or job
- Copy an email, document or task
- Delete unwanted information
- Create a hyperlink to a selected document
- Send documents via email
- Mark documents as Sent
- Export documents
- Bulk Update Documents
Refer to Tool Bar Functions
Selecting Multiple Documents in a List
Some functions can be applied to multiple documents, emails or tasks.
To select multiple documents in a list:
- Click Select to display the checkboxes in the left-hand column next to each document/email.
Click Bulk Update to display the checkboxes in the left-hand column next to each document/email.
- Click the checkboxes to select the ones required.
Refer to Bulk Updating of Filing Details
To select all documents in a list:
- When Select or Bulk Update has been clicked and the checkboxes are displayed, click the checkbox in the column heading to select all the documents currently displayed on that page.
Unselecting Documents in a List
- Click the checkbox for the selected document to remove the check
- To unselect all checked documents, click Cancel in the tool bar.