Setting up FYI is simple. There’s nothing to install locally.
All you need is:
- a Microsoft 365 account;
- Xero Practice Manager or Xero Tax
Microsoft 365 Integration
To use FYI, you require a Microsoft 365 account and emails hosted through Microsoft Exchange Online (as part of Microsoft 365).
There are currently two Microsoft 365 accounts which provide the minimum requirements needed to run FYI, these are outlined below:
Note: as of 22 April 2020, Microsoft has changed the naming of Office 365 to Microsoft 365.
|Office Requirements||Microsoft 365 Business Standard||
Microsoft 365 E3
|Office Desktop (not required, but very useful)||Yes||Yes|
Compare pricing for Microsoft 365 Business accounts here.
Which account suits you:
- If you want to maintain access to desktop applications and ensure full integration with FYI, then you will need the Microsoft 365 Business Standard account. Microsoft 365 Business Standard is the minimum license required for FYI users to be able to edit documents from FYI using the desktop versions of Office or Outlook.
Volume License edition of Office will not work with FYI:
If you maintain a Volume License version of the Office desktop applications, these will not integrate with FYI.
Refer to Microsoft 365 Integration
For the IT professionals:
Refer also to the following Microsoft help articles for additional information.
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps by using Remote Desktop Services
- Error when opening the Click-to-Run version of an Office program or suite on a terminal server
- Overview of shared computer activation for Microsoft 365 Apps. This provides information for IT Professionals about shared computer activation for use in shared computer scenarios, such as deploying Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise with Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps by using Remote Desktop Services. If you use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) to provide shared computers to users in your organization, you can install Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise on those computers. But, you have to use the Office Deployment Tool and enable shared computer activation to do the installation.
- Error when opening the Click-to-Run version of an Office program or suite on a terminal server. This details how to works around an issue that prevents you from opening the Click-to-Run version of an Office 2013 and Office 2016 program or suite. This issue occurs after you install the program or suite on a terminal server.
Refer also to Supported Environments.
Integration with Xero Practice Manager allows you to sync your clients, client groups, team and jobs without having to maintain data in multiple locations.
If you do not have Xero Practice Manager, you can setup FYI by using Xero Tax. In this instance, FYI will sync your Clients, but will not sync Jobs or Time.
Refer to Xero Integration