There are various ways to update the details of a Task and to action a Task. Refer also to Displaying Tasks.
Updating a Task
In the Tasks workspace, Clients - Tasks tab or Jobs - Tasks tab, click on an individual Task in a list to see the details in the Drawer.
The following example is the Tasks list with a filter set for the Delegator and a task selected.
- You can update any relevant fields, such as the Assignee, Delegator, Due Date, Status, Job, Category and you can add further information to the Task Details. If needed, you can set the Assignee to "Unassigned".
- You can also add Comments (refer to Adding Comments and Notifying Team Members).
- You can also select multiple tasks and use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the Status for more than one selected task at a time. Refer to Bulk Updating of Filing Details.
- If you are the creator of the task, or an FYI administrator, you can delete a task by clicking the Delete from the Tasks workspace.
- Where a task has been created for a document or email, you can click the Preview pane for the task to preview the associated document. The name displays in the Document field of the task Drawer and clicking this opens the filing fields of the relevant document in the Drawer. When this is displayed, to redisplay the task, click the Task link in the details of the associated document.
- When the Status of a task is marked as Complete, an email is sent to notify the original delegator and the task list in FYI is updated.
Updating Tasks from the Dashboard - My Tasks or Delegated Tasks
From your Dashboard - My Tasks or from Dashboard - Delegated Tasks, you can quickly update the Status to Complete, or update the Due Date or Subject directly from these lists.
To mark that a task is complete, click the Complete icon on the left-hand side to set the Status to "Complete".
To update the Due Date, click the Due Date field and select from the drop-down list "Mark for Today" or select the number of days to move the Due Date forward.
To update the Subject, click the Subject field and enter or change the text.
Updating a Task from a Document, Email or Job
When a Task is attached to a document, email or job, it can also be opened from the Tasks section of the Drawer of that document, email or job. In the lists for documents and emails, the Task icon displays if there are any outstanding Tasks.
To display a Task for a document, email or job
- Select the document, email or job in a list.
- Expand the Tasks section of the Drawer to display the tasks for that document, email or job.
- To complete the task, click the Complete Task box.
Or, to open the Task to make any other changes, click on it and this displays Update Task in the Drawer.
Refer also to Opening a Document or Email from a Task.