The following steps provide a comprehensive way to ensure the user's OneDrive is active, up to date, linked with FYI and syncronising to the desktop:
- If you have "OneDrive For Business" installed, it will need to be removed.
Microsoft is transitioning from the old "OneDrive For Business" to the new version "OneDrive". Click here for more information.
- Within FYI, select an existing Office document and select Edit in Browser.This should open the respective document successfully in Office online.
- Open a new browser tab and login to Office.com using the Office 365 login credentials used for FYI.
- Select OneDrive from the Office 365 apps. There should be a folder "FYI - My Edits" which indicates FYI is successfully is integrated with OneDrive.
- Within OneDrive from the top action menu select Sync.
- If prompted to update OneDrive, follow the instructions and login credentials.
- Once all updates and the syncronisation has completed, in Windows Explore you should see "OneDrive - Practice Name" and within this you should see the FYI system folders such as “FYI - Import”, “FYI - My Edits”, “FYI - My Imports”.
If FYI system folders are not visible, please contact FYI Support
- The final test is within FYI. Select an existing Office document and select Edit in Desktop.This should open the respective document successfully in Office desktop, allowing editing and then after selecting "Finished Editing", the updated document will be automatically synced into FYI and made available for other users to edit.