For some users, when trying to login to FYI via the drawer in Outlook, the process hangs and then times out.
The combination of the latest updates to Outlook (1907) and Windows 10 (1903) is causing Outlook addins such as the FYI add-in to have issues with login. Other apps that integrate with Outlook such as Adobe Sign and SalesForce are having the same problem.
It is possible that not everyone in your practice is having the problem because:
- Not everyone necessarily has auto updates turned on for both Windows and Outlook.
- A user was already logged on and this authentication has not auto expired.
Suggested Work Around
- FYI’s integration with Outlook or Office Online is unaffected. Therefore, if you need to manually file an emai,l use the FYI within Outlook Online as a temporary measure. Similarly you can choose to edit Office documents online.
- FYI's integration with OneDrive is also unaffected, so you can still edit Office documents on your desktop, and then mark the document "Finished Editing" to import the latest version into FYI.
- For email filing, if you have AutoFile turned on (including In Tray review):
- Client emails will be auto filed regardless, as this happens in the cloud
- You can correct filing details either via the In Tray or within the Document lists depending on your exact settings
- If some of your users do not have the issue already, because either update hasn't been deployed yet, they could disable auto updates on either Windows or Outlook to avoid the issue until we work out a permanent resolution.
- We have escalated to Microsoft and waiting for them to provide a fix. We will keep you updated.