The Discovery Meeting allows the FYI team to learn about your practice and develop and to develop an onboarding plan to suit your requirements.
Please come prepared with the following information:
About your Practice:
- How many potential FYI users?
- Are you already using Microsoft 365 and Xero Practice Manager?
- Where are your documents currently stored? (for example, Cloud, MYOB, Onsite, etc)
- What is your preferred go live date?
Your Data Migration Requirements:
- How much data you want to migrate to FYI?
- Your historical filing structure
- Your preferred filing structure in FYI
This article contains the following sections:
- Checking the Size of Your Historical Document Store
- Your Historical Filing Structure
- Your Nominated Filing Structure in FYI
- Location of Client Code
Checking the Size of Your Historical Document Store
Depending on your legacy document management system, your client documents can be located in one of a number of locations:
- In the Windows Explorer directory that you manually manage.
- In the Windows Explorer directory managed by a system such as HowNow, MYOB Document Manager etc.
- In the cloud managed by systems such as DropBox or Box.
In each instance, to check the size of your document store, number of documents and folders, you need to find the location of where your documents are stored and check the folder properties.
An example is shown below:
Note: FYI provides 50gb of disc space per user when importing documents. For example, 10 FYI users x 50gb = 500gb of disk space
If you require more space than allocated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Historical Filing Structure
Historical documents must be in a consistent folder structure in order to migrate successfully into FYI.
Therefore, it is important to consider how consistent and disciplined the filing of your historical documents has been.
To review your filing structure, navigate to your existing document store and review the folder hierarchy for each client.
Here are some examples of different file structures used in practices prior to transitioning to FYI:
Your Nominated Filing Structure in FYI
Your folder structure in FYI will typically include a combination of:
- Group Name
- Client Name
- Client Code (must match the client code used in Xero Practice Manager)
- Category 1 (for example, Year)
- Category 2 (for example, Worktype)
A typical filing structure used by most practices can be seen below, using Client Code - Year - Worktype.
Note: In Xero Practice Manager, the client name is held in the format "Last Name, First Name". If you have set up your filing structure as "First Name Last Name", FYI will check for this format so that documents will be imported against the relevant Client Name.
Note: After the migration of historical documents, any Client names that do not match XPM records can easily be amended using FYI’s Resolve Clients feature.
Location of Client Code
When migrating documents from a legacy document management system, if the Client Code (that matches the Xero Practice Manager client with the legacy document store) is not stored in the Xero Practice Manager “Client Code” field or the “XPM ID”, but in some other custom field in Xero Practice Manager, this needs to be selected in the Onboarding Wizard in the Client Code custom field in the Migrate section prior to syncing. This is most commonly for UK and New Zealand sites.