In the Documents list, and in Client Documents list for a selected client, there are various views that are used as a "mail register". These are also useful to locate an email or document so you can check when and how it was sent or received.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Using Mail Register Views (3 min).
Emails - Sent, Received, Draft
- Emails - Sent and Emails - Received views display the view with the Delivery column. This shows whether the email was sent or received.
- Emails - Draft displays all emails that are still in draft.
Mail Register - Sent, Received, Draft, By Reference
The selection of views also includes the Mail Register views. These show the delivery status of all non-email documents.
- Mail Register - Sent and Mail Register - Received are registers of all non-email documents that have been sent or received.
The Mail Register - Sent includes the Delivery Method column and where a document has been marked and sent using the Delivery button, the method displays along with any notes that were entered, for example, "Picked up - Client picked up the document at the meeting". Refer to Mail Register - Updating the document Delivery Status as Sent or Received.
Note: This also includes document that have been sent via Email or OneDrive. Refer to Sending Documents via Email - Share button and Sending Documents via OneDrive - Share button.
- Mail Register - Draft is a register of all non-email documents that have a Delivery status of "Draft" that is or blank.
- Mail Register - By Reference displays all non-email documents and includes the FYI Reference number. Refer to Unique Document Reference Number.
Adding Sent On and Delivery Columns to Other Views
You can include the column Sent On to show the relevant date and time that the email was sent or received. You can also include the Delivery column in other lists. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.