Templates can be set up for PDFs. When creating PDF documents in FYI, a Template must be selected. Refer to Creating Documents from Templates and Stationery.
Create the PDF to use in FYI Templates
FYI Templates use existing PDFs that contain all the images, text and editable fields that will be brought into a document when it is created in FYI. It is likely you already have these prepared in your practice. Either create or locate the PDF for any standard text, layout or format that you want to incorporate as Templates in FYI.
Creating PDF Templates in FYI
Templates can only be set up and maintained by an FYI administrator, or a user who is in a User Group that has Administer Templates enabled (refer to Managing Users and Managing User Groups). The PDF contents needs to be added as an existing PDF file. This can be done by creating the Template and selecting or dragging and dropping the existing PDF file into the Create PDF drawer or import the file by drag and drop onto the Knowledge - Templates list.
- From FYI, click the Knowledge menu option.
- Go to the Templates tab.
- Click the drop-down next to the Create template button and select PDF.
- Select any of the Template Categories as relevant for the template.
- Click Choose a file to select from Explorer the PDF file that holds the text, any images (for example, your company logo) any editable fields that will be used as the template.
Drag and drop the file.
To delete the selected file, click the X in the top right-hand corner of the file area.
- Name - When you add the PDF file, the name of the template is automatically set to the name of the file that has been added. This can be changed if needed. The Name identifies the Template internally and is the name that displays when selecting the Template when creating the PDF document. Make sure this clearly describes when the Template would be used.
- Click Create.
The drawer displays.
- The Template is initially set as "Draft"
In the Filing section change the Status if required and add the Default Filing.
Or Import the PDF file.
- Drag and drop a PDF file onto the Knowledge - Templates
- The Import drawer displays the file and sets the Name or the Template to the PDF filename. Select the categories and change the name, if required.
- Click Create and change any Filing or Default Filing
If more than one file is imported, edit each in turn.