You can integrate FYI with market leading providers BGL to automatically import the information from this third-party provider for your clients. Information is imported from BGL CAS 360 overnight and automatically filed against the relevant client as a document in FYI.
- The ASIC annual statements display in the Client Corporate Affairs tab. This provides a summary of the ASIC annual statements which also shows the status of the statements (for example, if the annual review fee has been paid). A copy of the document is filed in FYI and each holds a link to open the ASIC annual statement directly from BGL. Refer to Client Corporate Affairs.
- Any other documents imported from BGL are filed against the client and can be viewed in the Clients - Documents tab.
- BGL documents are synced to FYI every day at 4 am.
For details of how to set up the Automation process to import for BGL, refer to Import from BGL.
Connecting your BGL Account to FYI
To import from BGL, you first need to connect your BGL account to FYI
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Click the cog icon next to BGL to open the connection settings.
- Click the Connect button and you are prompted to login to the BGL API with your practice's BGL login details. Then follow the prompts that are displayed to complete the connection.
When BGL is connected, this shows as follows. This displays the Agent/Company Name that was connected. The date and time of the Last Sync with BGL.
The Reset link can be clicked so that the BGL app will run a back dated import to resolve Annual statements that have not been automatically filed from BGL, CAS360. Clicking Reset displays a message "‘Your BGL App has been reset. Overnight we will import any missing documents from the last 3 months".
Connecting More than One ASIC Agent Number
If you have more than one ASIC agent numbers and need a separate BGL CAS 360 account for each, you can click Connect again and connect to each in turn.
Note: If you have two connected accounts that are using the same name, you need do the following:
- Disconnect all of the connections that use the same name.
- Reconnect the account.
- Check that there is only a single instance of that account name shown.
- The BGL application runs overnight so wait for this to run and check the import of documents the next day.