You can integrate FYI with market leading providers BGL to automatically import the information from this third party provider for your clients. Information is imported from BGL CAS 360 overnight and automatically filed against the relevant client as a document in FYI.
The ASIC annual statements display in the Client Corporate Affairs tab. This provides a summary of the ASIC annual statements which also shows the status of the statements (for example, if the annual review fee has been paid). A copy of the document is filed in FYI and each holds a link to open the ASIC annual statement directly from BGL. Refer to Client Corporate Affairs.
Any other documents imported from BGL are filed against the client and can be viewed in the Clients - Documents tab.
This article contains the following sections:
- Notes on the Import from BGL
- To Import from BGL
- Set up the Automation Process to Import
- Process Step(s)
Notes on the Import from BGL
- BGL documents are synced to FYI every day at 4 am.
If a document was received in BGL today, you will see it in FYI tomorrow as the automation pulls documents from BGL to FYI overnight. You can see the date and time of the Last Sync with BGL from the BGL app in Automation - Apps. Refer to Connecting your BGL account to FYI.
- The FYI automation matches on ACN and will only import documents where the ACN in BGL matches the ACN in Xero Practice Manager. The automation will only trigger documents to be imported if the client record in Xero Practice Manager contains the ACN, and the ACN is a direct match to what is held in BGL.
- In order to retrieve documents from BGL, FYI searches for a match on the BGL company number against either:
the Xero Practice Manager Company Number
the Xero Practice Manager Business Number
- FYI imports the following signed documents:
Company Annual Statement
To Import from BGL
- First, link your BGL account to FYI. Refer to Connecting your BGL account to FYI.
- Set up the Automation Process to run the import.
Set up the Automation Process to Import
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- In ASIC Statement & Resolution - Import & AutoFile click the cog icon to edit this process.
The Trigger is "New Document".
The Filter for this process is "Document Source is BGL Document".
To make this process active, change the Status to "Active".
The Owner is set by default as the user who made the process active and this can be changed if required. If the process fails, an email will be sent to this user as notification. You can set this as "Me" to set yourself as the owner.
Start From allows you to enter the date from which you want to start retrieving the documents. If you enter a date in the past, this will import documents from that date, This will only import documents that have not already been imported.
The steps import from BGL with the Action set to Import BGL Statement. The following shows the default settings.
The Name of the document is set the Original File Name of the document imported.
AutoFile is disabled so the document will be filed using the settings in this process step.
The Cabinet is set as "Corporate Affairs" so the document is included in the Client - Corporate Affairs tab.
The Year is set the Year Merge Field to file the document in the correct Year.
In the Workflow section, the Owner is set as the client's Manager. This will send the document to the client's Manager's In Tray.
Set the Filing option to be "Filed".
You can change any options for Filing, Workflow, or for creating a Task, and to enable Comments as required (refer to Automation Notifications). You can add steps if required (refer to Automation Process Steps).
Once the connection has been made with FYI, and the process has been set up and set to Active, any new documents or changes in status to a document in BGL, are automatically imported into FYI.