You can integrate FYI with market leading provider NowInfinity to automatically import the information from this third-party provider for your clients. Information is imported from NowInfinity overnight and automatically filed against the relevant client as a document in FYI.
The ASIC annual statements display in the Client - Corporate Affairs tab. This provides a summary of the ASIC annual statements. This shows the current information from the ASIC register concerning the company such as name of officeholders, registered address, share structure etc and the status of the statements (for example, if the annual review fee has been paid).
- Annual company statements are imported as PDFs from NowInfinity.
- ASIC documents are received as a Web Link to the document in NowInfinity, not the full documents as PDF.
- When signed copies of documents are imported from NowInfinity, the workflow Status of the document in FYI is set to "Client Signed".
- Refer to Client Corporate Affairs.
This article contains the following sections:
- Notes on the Import from NowInfinity
- To Import from NowInfinity
- Set up the ASIC Statement and Resolution - Import & AutoFile Process
- Process Step(s)
- Set up the Corporate Documents - Import & AutoFile Process
- If you are experiencing a delay in the Upload of Documents
Notes on the Import from NowInfinity
- NowInfinity documents are synced to FYI every day at 4 am.
If a document was received in NowInfinity today, you will see it in FYI tomorrow as the automation pulls documents from NowInfinity to FYI overnight. You can see the date and time of the Last Sync with NowInfinity from the NowInfinity app in Automation - Apps. Refer to Connecting your NowInfinity account to FYI.
- The FYI automation matches on ACN and will only import documents where the ACN in NowInfinity matches the ACN in your practice management software. For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, the automation will only trigger documents to be imported if the client record in Xero Practice Manager contains the ACN, and the ACN is a direct match to what is held in NowInfinity.
- NowInfinity gives you the ability to create companies, but you will only see documents if you have added the client to your ASIC agent number via the form 362. Once the client has been added to your ASIC agent number, the FYI automation will then check NowInfinity for the incorporation documents and add a link to the client in FYI if it is able to match on the ACN.
The following documents can be imported from NowInfinity:
- Constitution Standard Company
- Consent Of Occupier
- ASIC Certificate
- Form 201
- Legal Scope Statement
- Signing Summary (signed)
- Invoice (signed)
- ASIC 480 Cover letter for Annual Statements (signed)
- ASIC Company Statement and Solvency Resolution
- ASIC Company Statement and Solvency Resolution
- ASIC Company Statement and Solvency Minutes
To Import from NowInfinity
- First, link your NowInfinity account to FYI. Refer to Connecting your NowInfinity account to FYI.
- Set up the Automation Processes to run the import.
There are two processes for NowInfinity:
- ASIC Statement and Resolution - Import & AutoFile
- Corporate Documents - Import & AutoFile
An FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations, needs to check the Automation Processes and set them as "Active".
Set up the ASIC Statement and Resolution - Import & AutoFile Process
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- For the process ASIC Statement and Resolution - Import & AutoFile that relates to NowInfinity, click the cog icon to edit the process.
To make the process active, change the Status to "Active".
The Trigger is "New Document".
The Filter for these processes are set to "Document Source is NowInfinity Document" or "Document Source is NowInfinity Statement".
The Owner is set by default as the user who made the process active and this can be changed if required. If the process fails, an email will be sent to this user as notification. You can set this as "Me" to set yourself as the owner.
Start From allows you to enter the date from which you want to start retrieving the documents. If you enter a date in the past, this will import documents from that date, This will only import documents that have not already been imported.
Note: If you need to reset the process, for example if the step was delete, click Reset. This will restore the process back to the default configurations.
The steps import from NowInfinity with the Action is set to Import NowInfinity Document or Import NowInfinity Statement and set the filing details for the documents that are imported. The following shows the default settings for Import NowInfinity Document.
For NowInfinity Documents, the Name of the document is set as the original name as imported from NowInfinity.
AutoFile is disabled so the document will be filed using the settings in this process step.
The Cabinet is set as "Corporate Affairs" so the document is included in the Client - Corporate Affairs tab.
The Year is set the Merge Field "Year" to file the document in the correct Year.
In the Workflow section, the Owner is set as the client's Manager. This will send the document to the client's Manager's In Tray.
Set the Filing option to be "Filed".
You can change any options for Filing, Workflow, or for creating a Task, and to enable Comments as required (refer to Automation Notifications). You can add steps if required (refer to Automation Process Steps).
Once the connection has been made with FYI, and the processes have been set up and set to "Active", any new documents or changes in status to a document in NowInfinity, are automatically imported into FYI.
Set up the Corporate Documents - Import & AutoFile Process
In the same way as above, for the process Corporate Documents - Import & AutoFile that relates to NowInfinity, click the cog icon to edit the process.
If you are experiencing a delay in the Upload of Documents
The upload of documents from NowInfinity to FYI may take 24 hours.
If you are experiencing a delay in the upload of documents from NowInfinity to FYI, you may need to raise a query with NowInfinity about why the documents took a few days to be made available to FYI.