FYI picks up information such as the Client's Contact Name/Salutation/Entity ultimately from Xero Practice Manager. This information, as well as information about the user creating the email or document, is brought into FYI emails and documents using Merge Fields. The Merge Fields are incorporated into Word Templates and Stationery, and Email Templates and Signatures. Refer to Including Merge Fields in Word Templates and Stationery and Including Merge Fields in Email Templates and Signatures.
Adding the Contact in Xero Practice Manager
You can add this from the Primary Contact.
- Open the client's name in Xero Practice Manager.
- Under Details Tab, click the + Add Contact link on the right panel and Add the Client's name
- Click + Add Salutation and Addressee.
- Enter the Addressee's name and click Save.
- Manually sync Xero Practice Manager Clients and FYI. Refer to Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
Another way to add it is through adding a Custom Field in Xero Practice Manager called "Salutation" and then use the word merge field layout for custom fields. Refer to Including Merge Fields in Word Templates and Stationery.