If a user is getting an error message when accessing FYI from within Outlook, use the following to troubleshoot the issue.
Check if the error is happening to one user, and if so, check if it occurs only on a single computer for this user. If it is only for a specific computer, this indicates that the issue is environmental to that computer or that there is an issue with the Profile (see below).
- If the error message relates to "Trouble Loading FYI. Check your internet connection and try again."
- Check the computer has Windows 10 installed and check the Outlook version and build.
Pre-requisites for running add-ons are:
The 32- or 64-bit version of Office 2013 or a later version, running on Windows 7 or a later version.
- The Add-On does not have any configuration, it is all executed by Microsoft hosted in IE11 and FYI does not have any way to set any proxy settings.
Refer to the following for additional information.
- Try running https://office.fyidocs.com from Internet Explorer 11.
- Clear local storage, cache and browser history from IE11 and then re-run FYI.
Delete Browsing History
Open your browser and delete the browsing history. For Internet Explorer 11 in Windows:
a) Open the Tools in the top right-hand corner.
b) Select Safety, then select Delete Browsing History.
c) Checkmark History and Temporary Internet files and website files
d) Click Delete.
- Run Outlook as Administrator.
Ensure ESC (Enhanced Security Configuration) is turned off for administrator and users.
- Check if client is running a VPN. It’s possible that the VPN is blocking FYI.
Turn off the VPN and try running FYI again.
- If the above do not fix the issue:
Create a new profile on the affected computer to check if this corrects the error. Refer to the following articles: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account
- If creating a new profile does not fix the issue, we recommend reinstalling Outlook Office on that computer.
- If the error message relates to "Microsoft Windows is not compatible with FYI":
Diagnosis: FYI is supported for use on Windows 10. Check that FYI loads within Outlook when used on a computer with Windows 10 installed.
Fix: Check the computer has Windows 10 installed.
- If the error message relates to "Outdated version of Outlook":
Diagnosis: If you can login to FYI via Outlook , check the version that displays at the bottom of the FYI Drawer.
As of September 2019, this version is 2.0.10.
Fix: You can update the version in Outlook by pressing Ctrl + F5.
- If the error message relates to "This app could not be started. Close this dialog to ignore the problem or click "Restart" to try again."
Please make sure that you have the latest Office updates are installed, or download the update for Office 2013.
For more information, please refer to this help article:
- If the error message relates to "Waiting for the machines to run. The email will be uploaded at next synchronisation":
Diagnosis: The auto-login to Office 365 on the computer is set up under a different or incorrect account.
This may occur if the auto-login account was entered incorrectly, such as a misspelled email, or the auto-login is set to log in under a different account.
Fix: To ensure that you are logging correctly into Outlook, you can disable the auto-login and then enter the login to ensure this is the correct account.
1. In Outlook, click File. In the Account Information, click the Account Settings button then select Account Setting from the list.
2. In the Email tab, click Change, then click More Settings.
3. On the Security tab, check the box next to "Always prompt for logon credentials."
4. Click Apply.
Log out of Outlook and log back in with the correct account.
- Check the Credential Manager in Windows.
1. Reboot your PC.
Before opening any Office app or Outlook -
2. Open Credential Manager in Windows.
3. Remove any stored credentials that reference to Office or Outlook.