Once a client has been archived, it will not be included in the Client search when creating new documents.
Displaying Archived Clients
- Display the Clients list on the Clients workspace
- Click the Archived button to enable this.
The Clients list displays and includes archived clients which display "archived" next to the Client Name.
If you need to file documents in FYI for an archived client, this can be done from the Clients workspace.
- Open the archived client and display the Clients - Documents tab.
- You can then use Drag and Drop to copy one or more documents into FYI directly from Windows Explorer or from your desktop. Refer to Drag and Drop.
The client name is automatically selected in the Import as the archived client.
- Enter the filing details in the usual way.
Note: This method may not be optimal for Emails. An alternative is first save the emails (from Outlook, using Save As and save the .msg filed to a folder or to your desktop) and then import the email file with drag and drop using the method above. Emails that are imported cannot be threaded with the original email.
Refer also to Archived Clients.