The following steps provide a comprehensive way to ensure each FYI user's OneDrive is active, up to date, linked with FYI and syncronising to the desktop:
Ensuring you have the latest version of OneDrive
Microsoft is transitioning from the old "OneDrive For Business" to the new version "OneDrive". If you have "OneDrive For Business" installed, it will need to be removed.
Click here for more information.
Synchronising OneDrive to the Desktop
1. Highlight an existing Office document within FYI and select Edit in Browser to open the document in Office online.
2. Open a new browser tab and login to Office.com using the same Office 365 login credentials used for FYI.
3. Select OneDrive from the Office 365 Apps. There should be a folder "FYI - My Edits" which indicates FYI is successfully is integrated with OneDrive.
4. Within OneDrive, select Sync from the top action menu.
If prompted to update OneDrive, follow the instructions and login credentials.
Once the syncronisation has been completed, you should see your "OneDrive - Practice Name" in Windows Explorer. Within this folder you should see the FYI system folders such as “FYI - Import”, “FYI - My Edits”, “FYI - My Imports”.
Note - If FYI system folders are not visible, please contact FYI Support
5. As a final test, select an existing Office document within FYI and select Edit in Desktop. This should open the document in Office desktop, allowing editing. After selecting "Finished Editing", the updated document will be automatically synced into FYI and made available for other users to edit.