Every time a user creates or edits an Office document on their desktop, they are being asked to log in every time and autosave is not enabled.
For FYI to seamlessly create and edit Office desktop documents, it is strongly recommended that Microsoft OneDrive is configured on the desktop with the same Office account used to authenticate with FYI. If the user's OneDrive on the desktop is not configured, they will have to login every time.
The following steps provide a comprehensive to check and configure the user's OneDrive:
Checking FYI and OneDrive/Office Online are correctly integrated
1. Highlight any existing Office document (Excel Spreadsheet or Word etc) within FYI and select Edit in Browser to open the document in Office Online.
2. This should automatically open the selected document in Office.com in a new tab. which indicates FYI is successfully is integrated with OneDrive.
3. If a warning shows regardings pop-ups the follow the steps in this article.
3. In the top left of the Office document, select "FYI - My Edits" link to open OneDrive Online.
4. Within OneDrive, select Sync from the top action menu.
5. If prompted to update OneDrive, follow the instructions and login credentials.
Once the syncronisation has been completed, you should see your "OneDrive - Practice Name" in Windows Explorer. Within this folder you should see the FYI system folders such as “FYI - Import”, “FYI - My Edits”, “FYI - My Imports”.
Note: If FYI system folders are not visible, please contact FYI Support
5. As a final test, select an existing Office document within FYI and select Edit in Desktop. This should open the document in Office desktop, allowing editing. After selecting "Finished Editing", the updated document will be automatically synced into FYI and made available for other users to edit.
Issues with OneDrive Desktop
Microsoft is transitioning from the old "OneDrive For Business" to the new version "OneDrive". If you have "OneDrive For Business" installed, it will need to be removed.
Click here for Microsoft's help article to troubleshoot OneDrive.