This article covers the following:
Checking FYI and OneDrive/Office Online are correctly integrated
For FYI to seamlessly create and edit Office desktop documents, it is strongly recommended that Microsoft OneDrive is configured on the desktop with the same Office account used to authenticate with FYI. If the user's OneDrive on the desktop is not configured, they will have to login every time and autosave is not enabled.
The following steps provide a comprehensive to check and configure the user's OneDrive:
- Highlight any existing Office document (Excel Spreadsheet or Word etc) within FYI and select Edit in Browser to open the document in Office Online.
- This should automatically open the selected document in Office.com in a new tab. which indicates FYI is successfully is integrated with OneDrive.
- If a warning shows regarding pop-ups, then follow the steps in Preparing your Browser for FYI.
- In the top left of the Office document, select "FYI - My Edits" link to open OneDrive Online.
- Within OneDrive, select Sync from the top action menu.
- If prompted to update OneDrive, follow the instructions and login credentials.
- Once the synchronisation has completed, you should see your "OneDrive - Practice Name" in Windows Explorer.
- Within this folder you should see the FYI system folders such as “FYI - Import”, “FYI - My Edits”, “FYI - My Imports”.
Note: If FYI system folders are not visible, please contact the FYI Support via email@example.com.
- Within the Word document online, select "Open in desktop app", which should open the document in edit mode on your local pc.
- As a final test, select an existing Office document within FYI and select Edit in Desktop. This should open the document directly for edit within Office desktop.
- After selecting "Finished Editing", the updated document will be automatically synced into FYI and made available for other users to edit.
Issues with OneDrive Desktop
Click here for Microsoft's help article to troubleshoot OneDrive.
If your OneDrive is continually syncing, refer to How to check if the OneDrive is permanently or often syncing.