Where the data you want to migrate to FYI is stored on-premise, we will use S3 Browser to make a copy of the data. S3 Browser is a Windows client for Amazon S3 which provides a simple web services interface to enable the retrieval of your data.
Your data will be copied from where it is located to Amazon Web Services (AWS), which is where your files will be stored on FYI.
Please note that throughout the syncing and migration process, your data remains yours and will always remain accessible via your traditional file location. We simply take a copy of your files. This copy will be taken at a point in time, this is called the "cut-off time", agreed with you. It is this copy that you will see reflected in FYI.
The following are the steps to perform the migration using S3 Browser.
- You will need to provide FYI with remote access to your desktop or server (wherever the documents to be migrated are located).
The user access you provide to us must allow a sufficient level of authority to install the application S3 Browser. For information on S3 Browser, refer to https://s3browser.com/
- FYI will install S3 Browser for you on the relevant desktop or server.
- FYI will login remotely prior to the day of migration and use S3 browser to perform an initial test migration of your documents from your server to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- On the agreed day of migration, at the agreed "cut-off time" FYI will login remotely and run the full migration process using S3 Browser.
- Upon completion of the migration, we recommend you leave S3 browser installed for at least a week while you review the imported files.
- Once you are comfortable that everything has migrated, you can delete S3 Browser from your desktop or server.