In order to select documents in FYI and edit them in your browser, you need to set your browser to allow pop-ups from https://app.fyidocs.com.
This will open the selected document in a new tab for you to view and edit.
If you see a pop-up icon in the URL bar in your browser, as in the example below, click this to display the options and select "Always allow pop-ups and redirects".
If you do not see the pop-up icon, you can adjust your settings as follows:
- in Chrome via the Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy options
- in Firefox via the Menu > Options > Content options.
For additional information, refer to the trouble-shooting article on Document does not open when selecting Edit in Browser.
When previewing documents, you are prompted in the Preview pane to sign in (refer to Previewing a Document). When clicking the Sign in button, if the Preview does not display and you are not signed in to SharePoint, you may have your browser set to block cookies. You can change this to allow cookies from SharePoint. The setting for this varies between browsers.
- Go to Settings > Privacy & security > Cookies & other site data.
- In Add a site, enter the following:
Note: This needs to be entered with the square brackets around the *
- Click Add
- Restart your browser and try the Preview again.