When clients are within a Client Group, it is likely they may share the same email address. Nominating one of these clients as Include in AutoFile determines which will be used as the client when emails are automatically filed.
Only one of the clients that share the same email address must be nominated as Include in AutoFile in order to automatically file the emails, and any associated documents, from or to the shared email address.
If none of these, or more than one, is marked as Include in AutoFile, the email and document cannot be filed and it shows Multiple Clients in the drawer in the In Tray. The user will need to select which client to file the email or document under. Refer to Filing Emails where the Address is Shared by Multiple Clients in Managing your In Tray.
There are several ways to check and update clients with the same email address.
- Setting Include in AutoFile for Individual Clients
- Displaying the Clients Tab when displaying a Client Group
- Using the Include in Autofile in the Clients list
- Using the Duplicates Function to Nominate Client to Include in AutoFile
Setting Include in AutoFile for Individual Clients
Include in AutoFile can be set on an individual client in the Clients - Settings. Refer to Client Settings.
Displaying the Clients Tab when displaying a Client Group
You can display the Clients tab to see the details of the clients within a Client Group. From the Clients tab, you can include the column Include in Autofile to see which client will be used as the primary client when auto-filing and where the email is shared by more than one client. Refer to Displaying Information for a Client.
Using the Include in Autofile in the Clients list
You can use the Clients list to check where this needs to be updated by adding the Include in AutoFile column to the Clients list and sorting the list by Email Address. You can then easily check where there are shared email addresses and check whether one of these is marked as Include in AutoFile. Refer to Clients List.
From a Clients list you can also select multiple clients and use Bulk Update to make changes. Refer to Clients Bulk Update.
For more information, refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client.
Using the Duplicates Function to Nominate Client to Include in AutoFile
On the Clients list, the Duplicates button can be used to display clients which have the same email address. You can use the Duplicates function to display the emails that are shared by more than one client and to select which client to nominate to include in AutoFile.
- On the Clients list, click the Duplicates button to display the Administer primary emails with a list of all emails that are shared by more than one client and where of these has not been nominated as Include in AutoFile.
- Select an email from the Shared Email list to display the clients for which this email is held.
- Click the Make Primary button next to the client to nominate to Include in AutoFile and use when emails are automatically filed for this email address.
Where there are duplicate clients and one is active and the other is archived, all documents under the archived client are moved to the active record.
Note: If you change the Primary Client, this will be used only for new emails that are received from the client.