After your historical documents have been migrated to FYI, you can perform a few simple admin tasks to ensure FYI is configured to suit your practice.
The Onboarding: Post Migration Admin Guide covers the following:
- Identifying Archived clients
- Resolving unmatched clients
- Nominating the primary client to Include in AutoFile (if client is part of a Client Group)
- Updating Filing Details of Documents
Identifying Archived Clients
When your historical documents are imported, there may be instances where FYI could not match the client folder name or the client code to a client in Xero Practice Manager. In this case, FYI creates a Temporary Client based on the folder name. These clients will be marked as "Archived".
To display archived Clients:
- Display the Clients list on the Clients workspace
- Click the Archived button to enable this.
The Clients list displays and includes archived clients which display "archived" next to the Client Name.
Temporary Clients can be resolved using the Resolve function outlined below.
- Clients that are archived in Xero Practice Manager prior to installing FYI will not show in FYI, as FYI does not have access to this data.
- If it is important you have visibility over these clients, you can un-archive them in Xero Practice Manager, sync your client list in FYI and then re-archive these clients in Xero Practice Manager.
- FYI can identify clients that are archived in Xero Practice Manager subsequent to installing FYI. So, moving forward, any client you archive in Xero Practice Manager, will show as archived in FYI.
Resolving Unmatched Clients
If you have any Clients in Xero Practice Manager do not match your nominated folder structure for FYI, the clients and documents are imported under Temporary Client names that are created in FYI by the import function.
Temporary Clients can be matched to a Client in Xero Practice Manager using the FYI Resolve Clients function.
If any Temporary Clients are historical clients (pre-XPM), you can skip them.
To match a Temporary Client:
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice Settings and then select Documents.
- Go to the Import/Export tab and click the Resolve Clients button on the right-hand side.
- The Merge Clients displays with a list of temporary clients that were created in FYI.
- Select a Temporary Client and on the right-hand side, search for the correct Client in Xero Practice Manager and click Merge to match it.
For more detailed instructions, refer to Resolving Unmatched Clients.
Nominating the Primary Client within a Group
The Duplicates button in the top right-hand corner of your Clients list can be used to identify email addresses that are applied to more than one Client in Xero Practice Manager.
As part of your FYI set-up, you must nominate which of these is the Primary Client for auto-filing purposes.
- On the Clients list, click Duplicates to display the Administer Primary Emails screen.
- Select a shared email to display the multiple Clients for which this email is held.
- Click the Mark Primary button to identify the Primary Client to use when documents are auto-filed by FYI for this email address.
For more detailed instructions, refer to Nominating the Primary Client to Include in AutoFile.
Updating Filing Details of Documents
Historical documents that have been imported and filed may still need some adjustments after the migration.
There are two ways in which you can do this:
The Bulk Update function can be used by any users to change the filing details applied to emails and documents after migration. You can also use this to update a selection of tasks or jobs.
The Bulk Update function is useful for refiling up to 100 documents in a specified list at a time. Refer to Bulk Updating of Filing Details.
Alternatively, the Refile function can be used by an FYI administrator to update the filing details of 1-10,000+ documents at a time. Refer to Refiling Existing Documents.