After your historical documents have been migrated to FYI, you can perform a few simple admin tasks to ensure FYI is configured to suit your practice.
The Onboarding: Post Migration Admin Guide covers the following:
- Identifying Archived clients
- Resolving unmatched clients
- Nominating the primary client to Include in AutoFile (if client is part of a Client Group)
- Updating Filing Details of Documents
Identifying Unmatched/Archived Clients
When your historical documents are imported, there may be instances where FYI could not match the client folder name or the client code to a client in Xero Practice Manager. In this case, FYI creates an Unmatched Client based on the folder name. These clients will be marked as "Unmatched".
To display Unmatched Clients:
- Display the Clients list on the Clients workspace.
- Click the filter for the Status column.
- Filter only on "Unmatched", or you can include these with the "Active" clients.
The Clients list includes unmatched client which display Unmatched next to the Client Name.
Unmatched Clients can be resolved using the Resolve Clients function outlined below. You can also use the Unmatched Client Import process (refer to Unmatched Client Import).
- Clients that are archived in Xero Practice Manager prior to installing FYI will not show in FYI, as FYI does not have access to this data.
- If it is important you have visibility over these clients, you can un-archive them in Xero Practice Manager, sync your client list in FYI and then re-archive these clients in Xero Practice Manager.
- FYI can identify clients that are archived in Xero Practice Manager subsequent to installing FYI. So, moving forward, any client you archive in Xero Practice Manager, will show as archived in FYI. Refer to Archived Clients.
- On import, FYI can match client data/client folders to clients marked as 'archived' in FYI.
Resolving Unmatched Clients
If you have any Clients in Xero Practice Manager do not match your nominated folder structure for FYI, the clients and documents are imported under "Unmatched" Client names that are created in FYI by the import function.
- Unmatched Clients can be matched to a Client in Xero Practice Manager using the FYI Resolve Clients function or the Unmatched Client Import. Refer below and also to Unmatched Client Import.
- If any Unmatched Clients are historical clients (pre-XPM), you can skip them.
Matching an Unmatched Client from the Resolve Clients Function
- From FYI, go to Clients.
- Click the Resolve Clients button on the right-hand side.
The Merge Clients displays with a list of unmatched clients that were created in FYI.
- Select an Unmatched Client and on the right-hand side, search for the correct Client in Xero Practice Manager and click Merge to match it.
For more detailed instructions, refer to Resolving Unmatched Clients.
Matching an Unmatched Client with the Unmatched Client Import Process
Refer to Unmatched Client Import.
Nominating the Primary Client within a Group
The Duplicates button in the top right-hand corner of your Clients list can be used to identify email addresses that are applied to more than one Client in Xero Practice Manager.
As part of your FYI set-up, you must nominate which of these is the Primary Client for autofiling purposes.
- On the Clients list, click Duplicates to display the Administer Primary Emails screen.
- Select a shared email to display the multiple Clients for which this email is held.
- Click the Mark Primary button to identify the Primary Client to use when documents are autofiled by FYI for this email address.
For more detailed instructions, refer to Nominating the Primary Client to Include in AutoFile.
You can also use the Bulk Update in the Clients list to update which clients are Included in Autofile. Refer to Clients Bulk Update.
Updating Filing Details of Documents
Historical documents that have been imported and filed may still need some adjustments after the migration.
There are two ways in which you can do this:
The Bulk Update function can be used by any users to change the filing details applied to emails and documents after migration. You can also use this to update a selection of tasks or jobs.
The Bulk Update function is useful for refiling up to 100 documents in a specified list at a time. Refer to Bulk Updating of Filing Details.
Displaying Additional Information to Locate Documents
- In documents lists, you can add the column Source Path to show where the document has came from. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
- In Practice Settings - Documents - Cabinets, when editing a Cabinet, you can display a count of the number of documents in that Cabinet by clicking the Get Document Count button. Refer to Managing Cabinets.
Note: This count includes documents for Active, Archived and Unmatched clients.