The following table indicates the data we can extract from your legacy system and migrate across to FYI.
Please be aware of the following:
Emails migrated to FYI (from all systems) will maintain any attachments within the email itself. These attachments can be accessed from FYI by exporting the email, refer to Exporting Documents.
Emails migrated from MYOB will show the paperclip icon next to any migrated emails that contain attachments.
Emails migrated from CCH Acclipse will need to be converted to .msg files before migrating to FYI, refer to CCH Acclipse Emails section below.
- Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks to external documents may break on import to FYI if the original document no longer exists in the hyperlinked location.
- Workflow: The Workflow status will be migrated, not the document Owner or Approver.
- MYOB Intranet and MYOB Portal: Documents stored in either the MYOB intranet or MYOB portal will not be migrated to FYI. These can be uploaded manually, refer to this short video Importing Documents to FYI.
- MYOB: For File Notes all document types of ‘MYOB File Note’ are migrated.
- Virtual Cabinet: Tasks, including Audit History and Process History, assigned to documents will not migrate to FYI.
- Database systems 'Sent-on': FYI will not migrate sent-on or sent-by details to FYI.
- Database systems 'Modified By': FYI will attempt to match user email addresses from the legacy system to FYI on import. If there is no match "FYI Support" will be assigned as the last modified by.
- Database systems Versions: FYI will bring in only the latest version of each document, no prior versions.
This excludes emails, all emails in a thread will be migrated.
If there are different versions of documents over the time the FYI Migrate App is running, those versions will be threaded and we do not delete the previous versions.
Note: For anything else not specifically outlined above, FYI does not guarantee the data will be migrated.
Data that is Excluded
Files equal to or greater than 2 gigabytes in size will be excluded.
Document Migration for Windows Explorer, HowNow or HandiSoft
The standard list of file types that are excluded in the document migration for Windows Explorer, HowNow or HandiSoft is as follows. These exclusions have been defined based on feedback received during previous data migrations.
- ~* Files where the file name begins with a tilda (~).
- All google document file types (*.gdoc, *.gsheet, *.gslides, *.gdraw, *.gtable, *.gforms)
- Files without file names or file types are excluded.
Note: If you have other file types that you want to exclude, the files should be removed from the source location prior to running the migration to FYI.
Document Migration for Databases
The document migration for databases (MYOB, VirtualCabinet, Invu, Cougar, etc) will migrate all valid documents (such as all emails and the latest versions of documents). All documents are migrated, regardless of the actual filename or file extension of the file.
If no logical date can be determined from the meta data during migration for created and modified dates, these are set as today's date.
CCH Acclipse Emails
CCH Acclipse stores saved emails with a file extension of .url These files will import, but are not useable in FYI once CCH is decommissioned.
In order to successfully migrate your historical emails from CCH to FYI they should be converted to .msg files.
This conversion will need to be discussed directly with CCH. The .url file needs to be replaced with an identical .msg file and matching metadata, for example date modified and date created.
After this conversion has taken place, the FYI Migrate App can then be started.
Practices using HowNow X will need to contact the software provider to arrange the export of their files. The export files will then need to be saved locally by the practice for the Migrate App to sync from. This will be point in time migration meaning that once the files are exported from HowNow X users will no longer be able to create or modify documents in HowNow X.
Bespoke Data Extraction
If you require extraction of data that is not outlined above, we suggest engaging third-party experts to assist.
In some cases (the minority) FYI may be able to assist with bespoke data extraction. Please note that where it is possible, it will incur an additional fee.
Please contact your FYI Client Success Manager to discuss this in more detail.