The following table indicates the data we can extract from your legacy system and migrate across to FYI.
Please be aware of the following:
Emails migrated to FYI (from all systems) will maintain any attachments within the email itself. These attachments can be accessed from FYI by exporting the email, refer to Exporting Documents.
Emails migrated from MYOB will show the paperclip icon next to any migrated emails that contain attachments.
- Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks to external documents may break on import to FYI if the original document no longer exists in the hyperlinked location.
- Workflow: The Workflow status will be migrated, not the document Owner or Approver.
- MYOB Intranet & MYOB Portal: Documents stored in either the MYOB intranet or MYOB portal will not be migrated to FYI. These can be uploaded manually, refer to this short video Uploading Documents to FYI (2 min).
- MYOB: FYI does not migrate category data on File Notes.
- Database systems 'Sent-on': FYI will not migrate sent-on or sent-by details to FYI.
- Database systems 'Modified By': FYI will attempt to match user email addresses from the legacy system to FYI on import. If there is no match "FYI Support" will be assigned as the last modified by.
- Database systems Versions: FYI will bring in only the latest version of each document, no prior versions. This excludes emails, all emails in a thread will be migrated.
Note: For anything else not specifically outlined above, FYI does not guarantee the data will be migrated.
Data that is Excluded
The standard list of file types that are excluded is as follows. These exclusions have been defined based on feedback received during previous data migrations.
- ".hsv", "Thumbs.db", "thumbs.db", ".del".
- Files where the file name begins with a tilda (~).
- Files without file names or file types are excluded.
- Documents that fall within the excluded document types are excluded, such as .DS_Store.
- All google document file types (*.gdoc, *.gsheet, *.gslides, *.gdraw, *.gtable, *.gforms)
Note: If you have other file types that you want to exclude, the files should be removed from the source location prior to running the migration to FYI.
We also exclude a number of hidden MYOB template and index files, based on these rules:
If file type is .xlt AND folder is “SPREDSHT” AND there is a folder above this called “MYOB”, then do not import.
If file type is .dot AND folder is “LETTERS” AND there is a folder above this called “MYOB”, then do not import.
If file type is .frm AND folder is “Forms” AND there is a folder above this called “MYOB”, then do not import.
For system type MYOB, files *\DMFS_VPMSER\indexn* (where n is a number 0 to 9) are excluded.
Virtual Cabinet creates a number of temporary and backup files which we exclude.
If no logical date can be determined from the meta data during migration for created and modified dates, these are set as today's date.
Bespoke Data Extraction
If you require extraction of data that is not outlined above, we suggest engaging third party experts to assist.
In some cases (the minority) FYI may be able to assist with bespoke data extraction. Please note that where it is possible, it will incur an additional fee.
Please contact your FYI Client Success Manager to discuss this in more detail.