For a Task that is attached to a document or email, when you open the relevant Task a link to the document is included in the Update Task Drawer.
You can click this link to display the related document or email.
The Drawer for the relevant document or email opens.
From the Drawer, you can use Preview to see the details of the document or email. Providing it is not locked for editing by another user, and for an email that is still Draft, you can also make changes to the document or email.
This can be useful in the following example.
You have been assigned a task to review an email and then send it.
- Open the Task to see what needs to be done.
- From the Task, open the email.
- Using the Preview pane, you can see the contents.
- From the Preview, you can open the email.
- Edit the email and make changes if needed. Then send the email.
- The Task list will still display the email Drawer. From this, re-display the Task section and mark the task as Complete.