Outlook signed me in as a different user.
Or, when I sign out and sign back in, it automatically logins into that different user, not giving me a chance to choose another account.
This could be caused by one of the following. See below for the solution for each of these.
- Another login is still in effect
- Office 365 credentials for the other user are saved in your browser
Note: This is caused by Microsoft Office credentials being saved within the browser
- A different Outlook Email Address has been added or set up as an Email Alias for your FYI login.
You are being logged in as a different Outlook Email Address (for example, as your personal email address) because this has been added or set up as an Email Alias for your FYI login.
Another login is still in effect
You, or anyone else using that computer, has logged in to Microsoft Office with another login and this is still in effect.
- Log out from Microsoft Office. You can display this by going to office.com and see if you are already logged in.
- Close all browsers and log in to FYI again.
Ensure that you are prompted to Sign in to Microsoft Office.
Return to Causes
Office 365 credentials for the other user are saved in your browser
For your convenience, Microsoft Office has a feature "Stay signed in?" where your credentials can be saved within your browser and you will not be prompted to enter your password when logging in and FYI will open automatically.
If you have clicked Yes at this point, you will no longer be given the option to pick an account and you will be automatically logged in to FYI.
This can cause issues if credentials stored are no longer correct.
To re-display the option of selecting your correct Office account, follow these steps:
- In your browser, open a new tab and navigate to https://www.office.com/
- From your profile in the top right-hand corner, log out of Microsoft Office
- Navigate to https://app.fyidocs.com/
- From your profile in the top right-hand corner, log out of FYI
- Login back into FYI using the correct Office credentials
Return to Causes
A different Outlook Email Address has been added or set up as an Email Alias for your FYI login.
If your FYI login has been set up with a different Outlook email address as the "Email Alias" (for example, your personal email), you are being logged in as this email address.
- Contact your FYI administrator and have them remove your Email Alias from your User profile in FYI. Or
Contact FYI Customer Support to have the Email Alias removed from your User profile.
- If you need to login to FYI with an Email Alias, this needs to be linked to the Xero Practice Manager login email address using the Magic Link. Refer to Logging into FYI with an Email Alias set up using Magic Link.
Refer to How to Login to Multiple FYI Accounts.
Return to Causes.