This issue might relate to the installation of Microsoft 365 apps that uses the owner/admin's license account to install the application.
Outlook signed me in as a different user. When I sign out and sign back in, it automatically logins into that different user, not giving me a chance to choose another account.
To be able to log into your Outlook (i.e. OneDrive) account, you will need to disable the auto-login feature by:
- In Outlook, click File.
- In the Account Information, click the Account Settings button then select Account Settings from the list.
- In the Email tab, click Change, then click More Settings.
- On the Security tab, check the box next to "Always prompt for logon credentials."
- Click Apply.
- Log out of Outlook and log back in with the correct account
If this does not work, please contact your IT support and have your Outlook application uninstalled and then reinstalled.
- Go to Office.com by using each of these two browsers: Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Make sure that the account is currently logged in under your name and set it to always login as you.