- FYI's mission to halve the time spent on compliance jobs
- The FYI platform (including clients, jobs, documents, tasks, automation, and integrations)
- How to get your practice onboarded via the in-product Onboarding Wizard.
1. Hi, some of the documents appeared to take a while to load (from what was shown in the webinar). This could be frustrating. Is what we saw the common lag time on documents?
I can advise that the sync time for saving changes, should be relatively fast (a matter of a few seconds). For large documents or significant changes, this time may increase to a few minutes (this would be the minority of instances).
The speed at which documents open, as shown in the webinar, may appear slower due to the fact the internet connection is also managing the webinar.
- In either case, the speed at which documents can be opened and edited in FYI is partially reliant on your internet speed and the computing power on your local machine.
2. Can you bring in Xero tax returns from XPM and Xero workpapers packs?
- Xero tax returns can be imported via our Xero tag integration.
Displaying the Auto-Filed Tax Returns
- We do not have access to the Xero Workpaper Packs at this stage.
3. How does SharePoint fit into this?
- Once on FYI, you will not need to use SharePoint, although you will still have access to it as it is part of the Office 365 subscription.
4. How is data backed up and can data be exported?
- Backups are included within the application, as part of the subscription. Your data is being dynamically backed up by Amazon (AWS) as part of their core service.
How is our data backed up, how often and how can we retrieve it?
- You remain the owner of your documents the entire time you are on FYI. Documents can be exported into a traditional folder structure through the use of our export routine.
5. Can we restore a document if we mistakenly delete it?
- Yes, documents are soft deleted. And can only be hard deleted by administrators.
Deleting a Document, Displaying and Recovering a Deleted Document
You may also wish to download a hard copy version of this webinar.
View the slides here