- Task Security added to Practice Settings. This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected for Tasks. By default, this is not enabled.
- When Task Security is enabled, and users create a Task, they can select a Cabinet but they can only select a Cabinet that they have access to via their User Group setting. Enabling Task Security also automatically includes the Cabinet column in Task views. Refer to Creating a Task.
- If Task Security is not enabled for your practice, a Cabinet cannot be selected when users create a task. If a Client has been selected for the task (or a task has been created for an existing document) you can select a Category for the task.
- In the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed) automation process there is now an acceptable variance of 50 cents. If the assessed amount is within 50 cent plus or minus of the estimate amount, it is accepted as agreed, Refer to Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Not Postal/Agreed & Postal) (Australia Only).
- When Maintain thread filing state is set "On" for your practice in the Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions, documents in users' In Trays are filed in a thread so that all associated emails are filed under the most recent email. The In Tray now includes the Hide Thread button so documents in the In Tray can be switched to unthreaded. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions and Managing Email Threads.
- Corrected error where deleted clients were showing in the Documents list.
- Create Email step in Automations includes the option Send or Save so you can select whether to save as "Draft in FYI", "Draft in Outlook" or Send Immediately". Refer to Creating an Email within FYI and Automation Process Steps.
- When using Delivery to mark that a document has been "Sent", the Notes has been reduced to 750 characters. Refer to Mail Register - Updating the Document Delivery Status as Sent or Received.
- When FYI is syncing, the Syncing with FYI indicator in the drawer automatically refreshes and an indicator displays the refresh time. Refer to Opening and Editing Documents.
- When FYI syncing, if the document is still open, a message displays "Document is open and cannot be synced". Close the relevant document and the sync will refresh automatically. Refer to Opening and Editing Documents.
- When creating an email in FYI, you can send the email to an email address not held for the selected client in FYI by typing the address directly in the Email field. This creates the email address just for this email and the email address is not saved. Refer to Creating an Email within FYI.
- After loading a new email template, the template is now available in Automation without having to do a reload of the browser.
- Exporting Users now correctly shows the Cabinet details and the Approval Level.
- Default settings for trial practices has been updated, for example, for the Cabinets, Categories, User Groups that are set up by default and the settings in Practice Settings.
- Resolved issue where the names of email attachments were being truncated after a decimal point.
- A PDF converted from Word now open correctly.
- When emailing an attachment via OneDrive and the email address has been changed to someone not listed as a client (that is to a custom email address, but not someone within the practice) the OneDrive links now opens the attachment correctly.
- When copying a document, the Workflow Status is set back to "In Progress".
- When creating an email, you can now search for the user in the Send From.
- Resolved error when selecting an XPM custom field in the Merge Fields in automation process steps.
- Text generated by Merge Fields in email templates correctly uses the Style that has been applied.
- When a Merge Field is inserted into an email template, this is correctly positioned at the location of the cursor.
- Corrected doubling up of Tax documents (in Client - Tax).
- In Automation Processes, in the Process Steps an Owner can be used to select the owner of the document/email. This can be set to a specific person in your user list. Or it can be set as "Manager" to set the owner as the relative client's manager, or as "Partner" to set the owner as the relative client's partner (as held in your practice management software). This has been enhanced so that if there is no Partner/Manager assigned to the client and the process is creating an email, it will now add the Process Owner as the Owner of the email created in the step. When a Word document or Meeting is created by the process step, it adds the user running the process as Owner of the document created. Refer to Automation Process Steps.
- Limit the file size of attachment(s) to 3MB. Fixed an error when a file attached to an email is more than 3MB or if more than 10 files are attached.
- Issue where a second edit of document was not always saving.
- Resolved error when cloning a process from the Automation Processes List view.
- Resolved error showing on Client - Details tab and selection of Send Attachments.
- Names of groups of Merge Fields in Email Templates and Stationery have changed. Compliance is now Corporate Affairs and Xero is now Xero Ledger.
- To include Advanced custom merge fields that are based on tax information from Xero Tax, click the Xero Tax group of Merge Fields and then click Show Advanced. Refer to Including Advanced Tax-Related Merge Fields in Email Templates.
- In Process Steps, the name of the Merge Field used to use the original name of the file when creating a document has been changed from Current File Name to Original Name. Refer to Include Merge fields in Automation Process Steps.
- The Client - Activity tab has been renamed Process History. This shows the automatic log of any Processes that have run for the client and includes the status or Success, Error or in Progress. Refer to Clients.
- Addition of the automation process Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Postal). This is used for tax Assessments that agree with the estimate and either the clients' preferred way to communicate is "Postal Service" or an email address is NOT held for the clients. The name of the Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile has been changed to Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Not Postal). Refer to Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Not Postal/Agreed & Postal) (Australia Only).
- In Processes, name of step no longer disappears when Auto Filing is toggled.
- Updated default settings for the processes that import from BGL, NowInfinity, and Xero Tax. Refer to Import from BGL, Import from NowInfinity and Xero Tax Return AutoFile (Australia Only).
- Archived clients are automatically excluded from automation processes. In Custom Processes, if needed, they can be included using the Filter. Refer to Custom Processes.
- Start Date added to processes. This allows you to enter the date from which you want to the process to start, for example, to start importing documents. Refer to Automation Processes.
- Activity Statements from ATO are no longer included in the Client - Tax list.
- In processes, the Owner is set by default as the user who made the process active, or for a Custom Process the user who created the process. This can be changed if required but the Owner must be selected. Refer to Custom Processes and Automation Processes.
- Client Jobs in XPM now syncing with XPM.
- In a Process, to edit a step you can now click anywhere on the step as well as clicking the Edit tool next to the relevant step. Refer to Automation Processes.
- Access to Automation available to authorised users only.
- Removed attachment size limitation when sending to OneDrive.
- When creating a custom process, now correctly saves the process name that has been entered.
- Adding attachments to a reply within FYI, and selecting "Draft in outlook", now displays correctly in Outlook.
- The FYI font now works on a Mac computer.
- Send Invitation column reinstated to Users list.
- In the Users list, you can include the Cabinet column to display the Cabinet that has been set as the default for users. Refer to Users.
- In the Users list, you can include the Approval Level column to display the workflow Approval Level that has been set for users. Refer to Users.
As the process for sending a document for signature has been taken out of the Tasks, the Task statuses "Approved", "Change Requested", “First Review” and “Final Review” have been removed.
- Option to add a user in FYI reinstated.
- An FYI Admin can set the Defaults for Cabinet and Categories for a user from the Users list. Refer to Setting Defaults for a User in Users.
- In Jobs list, corrected the filtering of Jobs by Name.
- FYI Jobs now correctly sync back to Xero Practice Manager
- When a view is saved with the Mine option enabled, using the saved view correctly displays the documents for the relevant owner not the owner who created the view.
- Adding an attachment to a reply displays the "Attachments" section of the drawer.
- When editing a Word document, the FYI Drawer includes the Signature section and the Insert Signature button. You use this to insert your digital signature that is stored in FYI into the Word document. Refer to Inserting a Signature into a document and to Approval Signature - Adding your Electronic Signature in Setting Defaults and Filing Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
- When adding a Task to an email that has a Job selected, the Job is now selected as default in the Task.
- In Knowledge - Template, clicking create for a selected Template now automatically selects the Template.
- Issue with autofiling and workflow status when a user is tagged to a document by adding a Comment to the document from Excel browser version.
- Issue when opening XLSM Excel files.
- “Request Signature” removed from FYI Drawer in web application to avoid confusion. Inserting a signature into a Word document is done using the Signature section of the FYI Drawer from Word Desktop. Refer to Inserting a Signature into a document.
- Rapid processing of approvals from the approver's Dashboard - My Workflows. When the approver clicks Approved, the document is removed from the user's My Workflows and the next document is opened ready for checking. Refer to Using the Workflow for Approval.
- Included the ability to select and remove attachments for emails that have been saved as Draft in FYI. Refer to Creating an Email within FYI.
- Email attachment issues when drafting in FYI.
- If a document is approved by someone who is not the Owner, a Comment is added to the document to notify the Owner that the document is marked Approved. Refer to Workflow.
- Request Changes button has been removed from the Dashboard - My Workflows. To request changes, set the Workflow Status to Changes Requested in the drawer.
- Defect when attaching documents to email replies.
- Clearing groups in XPM was not updating FYI.
- Error creating Import and Export Requests.
- Using Client Group(s) as a filter and selecting one or more Client Groups now functions as intended.
- Defect when using Send to sending a file converted to PDF using the Convert button, correctly attaches the converted pdf.
- Error filtering jobs when the Job Name has an apostrophe in it.
- Email sync issues.
- Client's Fax has been added as a Merge Field for Word Stationery and Templates. Refer to Creating Stationery and Templates with Merge Fields.
- Updates to the default Workflow Status. Refer to Workflow.
- A new email has the Status set as Not Started.
- An email that is sent or received has the Status set as Completed.
- Other documents have the Status set as Not Started.
- As users can no longer check in from the FYI - Drafts folder in their Outlook, this is longer synced with FYI.
- Error when using Reply All.
- Reintroduced the golden megaphone icon in the menu bar. Clicking this displays the Release Notes for the current month.
- Web Link for Adobe Signatures is automatically set with the workflow Status of "Pending Client Signature".
- Modify Existing is now an option for Client custom views.
- The ability to update the name of a user that was created in FYI. Refer to Users.
- Tax merge fields were incorrectly showing full date time.
- Adding Time entities were leaving the user added to the Job and or Task.
- Group text was unreadable when selected in a list.
- Replies and forwards from an email opened off a notification link were getting caught in a loop.
- Emails created in FYI now have the default Workflow Status as "Not Started". Refer to Using the Workflow for Approval.