Some users have reported an issue, after editing Office documents (especially if editing multiple times) an earlier version of the document is being saved back into FYI.
The Microsoft Upload Center is known to cause issues with web applications such as FYI because it caches versions and in some scenarios it can send the wrong version.
There are two critical settings on your desktop computer to resolve this issue:
1. Configure OneDrive to not use Office to sync
2. Configure the Office Upload Center to delete files from the cache
Configure OneDrive to not use Office to sync
- Deselect "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" in OneDrive
- Left-click the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
- If you have multiple OneDrive accounts installed, we recommend doing this configuration for all of them.
- Click More
- Click Settings
Note: You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.
- Click the Office tab.
- Uncheck "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open"
- Click OK
Note: If you don't see this tab, and you're using Office with a work or school account, the setting might be controlled by your IT admin.
- Restart your computer to ensure changes are applied.
Configure the Office Upload Center to delete files from the cache
Select "Delete files from the Office Document Cache"
- Go to Start
- Type Upload Center in the "Search" field
- Press Enter or click Open
- In the Office Upload Center, click Settings.
- Click to add the checkmark to "Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed".
- Click OK