This Masterclass introduces our recommended approach to email autofiling and provides an update on new features.
Watch the video below to learn:
- How Email Autofiling Works
- The Recent Updates
- The Best Practice Setup
- The Frequently Asked Questions
The presentation hand-outs provide quick access to key information covered in the webinar, including handy tips and links to relevant help articles.
Click here to download.
1. Assuming "intray review" is turned off. if an email comes through that doesn't match client email address - what process is in place to ensure this email isn't missed from filing
Where in-tray review is off and the email address does not match a client, this email will wait in the recipient's inbox in Outlook for filing. Given the email does not match a client, in majority of instances, these emails are not required in FYI.
If it is a common issue, you may want to consider turning on in-tray review and turning off 'exclude non-client emails' (via the Automation settings).
2. So can individual users change their own settings and override practice level settings?
Yes, that is correct. This has been designed to cope with the number of unique setups within each practice.
Not all users deal with the same level of confidentiality, as a result, we need to allow users to customise their options.
3. Is there a way to turn off the ability for individual users to override the practice-level AutoFile settings? As if we have sent something at a practice level, that is how we would want our staff to use FYI
Today, users have the ability to override practice settings to suit their personal requirements.
We found it slightly too restrictive to force users to AutoFile emails where there was a chance personal or confidential communication would be caught.
However, we are always considering adding additional controls around these features.
4. Hi, can we have the email autofiled with the attachments within the email but not having the attachments filed separately as well? We want the attachments to be only attached to the email.
- If the email is AutoFiled, but you turn-off 'AutoFile email attachments', the attachment won't be filed as a separate document. In this case, to access the attachment, you can export the email from FYI and the attachment will be inside the email.
5. How do we create emails in single spacing in FYI?
The current FYI editor is not perfect with respect to formatting. That is why we allow the final sender to put the email into Outlook, where they can leverage Outlook's formatting capabilities, prior to sending.
For advanced users, you may consider reviewing the .html code behind the email draft. From here you can edit anything at all, but it does require some special knowledge of .html.
6. If we create an email in FYI - how do you attach documents after the creation process (using "editor")
- Once you have the editor open on the FYI draft email, in the drawer, you will see "attachments" from here you can view current attachments and add new ones (or remove existing ones)
Please reach out to our support team if you have any additional questions.