The formatting of emails created from templates within FYI results in unnecessary linebreaks or inconsistent fonts and character sizing.
When copying and pasting content from other applications, especially Office, HTML styling is copied across in the background which complicates the formatting within FYI.
Also if there are line breaks in the content of the template, when the email is created from the template into Outlook, extra spacing is added automatically.
The following steps describe how to avoid these issues.
- Copy the content from the source and then paste using Ctrl Shift v keys together. This way of pasting removes hidden styles.
If the email template with content already exists within FYI then:
a, Select all of the content using Ctrl +a
b. Paste using Ctrl Shift + v
- Remove line breaks that are in the content. While the resulting content may look at little "cramped", when the resulting email is created in Outlook, spacing is added automatically.
- Add merge fields where required in the content from the right-hand drawer.
Note there is a minor known bug when the first merge field is always placed at the top of the content.
You can correct this by copying and pasting to the correct location, a fix will soon be added to stop this happening.
- Complete any additional formatting for bold, bullets etc
- Select all of the content of the email template and apply the correct font and size per your practice style guide.
The end result will be emails created from this template will be formatted correctly and consistently.