In this Masterclass learn how to automate your practice by configuring the following:
- Corporate Affairs Document AutoFile (BGL & NowInfinity)
- Tax Return AutoFile (Xero Tax)
- Tax Assessments AutoFile
- Custom Processes
The presentation hand-outs provide quick access to key information covered in the webinar, including handy tips and links to relevant help articles.
Click here to download.
1. It looks like on the tax tab, you now can't see activity statements there anymore?
Correct, we have removed Activity Statements from this view for now. We will be assessing client feedback to make our longer-term decision.
2. Can you choose which completed documents it will import? For eg. I would only want to import the "signed" completed documents from Now Infinity
There is currently no method to filter which documents you would like to include and those you would like to exclude.
3. If there is a payable amount, do the payment details come through on the NOA letter?
We do not get the payable details from the ATO. We recommend, in the email or letter you send to the client, you include a link to My Gov where they can obtain the payment details.
4. What happens if a 2018 NOA comes through and this process has set up to file to the 2019 year? And at what point would you change filing between different tax years?
The process is set up to leverage merge fields, which means the document will be filed to the year that the document relates to. This ensures you don't have 2018 NOAs being filed to 2019 and so on.
5. In XPM, the notice of assessments just sits under the filed tab, until NOAs are received and then manually archived. If FYI is automatically sending emails to clients, how do we know when to archive the NOAs in XPM?
If this is a step you need to complete manually, we recommend creating a task or adding a comment to the Tax Assessments AutoFile process to ensure the appropriate user is informed each time the process is run.
6. I may have missed this while on a phone call, but with regards to tasks within processes, can we retain ownership of the task while assigning it to another staff member?
Tasks created by an automated process will have an assignee, as determined by the process creator, and the assignor will be "System".
7. Have you fixed the font and sizing issues, so they stop changing when using the template?
To avoid issues such as this, when copying content into an email template, we recommend pasting using CTRL + SHIFT + V, this will remove any of the hidden formattings that other products create. By removing this hidden data, your life will become a lot easier when editing and formatting your emails inside FYI's email template tool.
8. What cabinets do you recommend?
We recommend assigning documents as follows:
- ASIC Statements & Resolutions: Corporate Affairs cabinet (or equivalent)
- Company Documents: Corporate Affairs cabinet (or equivalent)
- Notice of Assessments: Financials & Tax cabinet (or equivalent)
- Custom Processes: Cabinet will depend on the process/step being run
9. Can this process be allocated to particular client groups/ reports created in XPM?
Yes, you can filter the process to only be run for certain clients or groups.
Alternatively, as shown in the Masterclass, you can run a process on an individual instance (rather than in bulk) for one client or job.
10. Redacting TFNs was mentioned but not elaborated on - is it not an issue because it's only a replica assessment being sent out? What about payment slips as the payment references usually include the client's TFN?
It is not an issue because the TFN is not included on the document created. This means it is ok to be sent as a physical email attachment.
If you are sending a payment slip with the email, you may need to consider what options you have to redact the TFN or to send it as a link.
11. Will only completed tax returns imported or drafts etc as well?
Weblinks will only be imported and filed for completed tax returns.
Please reach out to our support team if you have any additional questions.