Your practice must have a Microsoft 365 account to complete this step.
Microsoft 365 Business Standard is the minimum license required for FYI users to be able to edit documents from FYI using the desktop versions of Office or Outlook.
Simply enter some basic information into the FYI app and connect your Windows account.
1. Go to https://www.fyidocs.com/ and click on the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL button.
2. Enter the following information into the FYI app:
- Your API Key from Xero Practice Manager
- Your preferred email address for FYI billing
- Your practice name
- Your country
- Confirm that you have an Microsoft 365 Business Premium account
- Then click Start Free Trial
3. Use your Microsoft 365 credentials to authenticate.
For security and convenience, your Windows username and password are used to login to FYI.
Click Login with Windows and select an account. If this is the same email address you use to access Xero Practice Manager, you will be authenticated immediately. If not, you will be given the opportunity to link the separate emails.
Enter your Microsoft 365 username and password and you will arrive at the FYI Welcome screen.
Refer to FYI Welcome Screen.
Note: Before you begin using FYI, please make sure that you complete the following additional set-up tasks:
- Add the FYI Add-ins for Office and Outlook
- Optimise your Computer for use with FYI
Refer to the articles in the section Before you Begin.