Your practice must have an Office 365 account to complete this step. Business Essentials or Business Premium is the minimum requirement.
Simply enter some basic information into the FYI app and connect your Windows account.
1. Go to https://www.fyidocs.com/ and click on the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL button.
2. Enter the following information into the FYI app:
- Your API Key from Xero Practice Manager
- Your preferred email address for FYI billing
- Your practice name
- Your country
- Confirm that you have an Office 365 Business Premium account
- Then click Start Free Trial
3. Use your Office 365 credentials to authenticate.
For security and convenience, your Windows username and password are used to login to FYI.
Click Login with Windows and select an account. If this is the same email address you use to access Xero Practice Manager, you will be authenticated immediately. If not, you will be given the opportunity to link the separate emails.
Enter your Office 365 username and password and you will arrive at the FYI Onboarding screen.
The FYI Welcome Screen
The Welcome screen displays information about Default Settings, Automations and Your Team. These settings can be configured at any time to suit your practice. We recommend making changes directly from FYI after you have completed your account set up.
Your Default Settings
FYI comes shipped with best-practice settings to get you started, including the following:
- Default filing Cabinets for Partner Files, Practice Admin and Training
- Default filing Categories for Work Type and Year
- Sample Templates and Stationery
Refer to Default Configurations
The following process automations are instantly activated for you in FYI;
- Xero Practice Manager - your clients, client groups, jobs and team data are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and will be continuously synchronised.
- Email AutoFile - any client emails sent and received in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
- Calendar Entry AutoFile - any calendar entries made in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
- Tax Return Auto-File - any tax returns created in Xero Tax will be imported into FYI on a daily basis.
Refer to Getting Started with Automations
FYI imports your employees from Xero Practice Manager and automatically makes you the FYI Administrator. If you wish to appoint additional FYI Administrators and invite members of your team to start using FYI during your 30-day free trial, you can do so now or later.
Refer to Inviting New Users