Setting up a trial account in FYI is simple. There’s nothing to install locally and no credit card or direct debit details are required.
All you need is Xero Practice Manager and a Microsoft 365 account (Microsoft Business Standard is the minimum plan required).
You will need to be an XPM administrator with API access privileges in order to connect XPM to FYI.
Here's how to set up your trial account in FYI:
Step 1 - Click 30-DAY FREE TRIAL on the FYI website
Go to https://www.fyidocs.com/ and click on the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL button.
Then click START MY FREE TRIAL.
Step 2 - Enter the following information into the FYI app
- Your preferred email address for FYI billing
- Your practice name
- Your country
- Click to confirm that you have, as a minimum, a Microsoft 365 Business Standard account
- Then click START FREE TRIAL.
Step 3 - Log in to Xero
You are prompted to log in to Xero.
- Enter your log in details.
Click Log in.
- If you are prompted for any verification or to answer your security questions, follow the prompts.
- You are prompted to allow access to FYI.
Click Allow Access.
Note: If your Xero login has access to more than one Xero practice, you are prompted to select which one you wish to connect to FYI.
Note: If you get an error connecting to Xero, refer to the FAQ Error “You don't have access to connect to any Xero Practice Manager Accounts” when connecting FYI to XPM).
Step 4 - Use your Microsoft 365 credentials to authenticate
For security and convenience, your Windows username and password are used to login to FYI.
- Click LOGIN WITH WINDOWS
- Enter your Microsoft 365 username and password.
If this is the same email address you use to access Xero Practice Manager, you will be authenticated immediately. If not, you will be given the opportunity to link the separate emails.
You will then arrive at the FYI Welcome screen.
Refer to FYI Welcome Screen.
Before you Begin
Before you begin using FYI, please make sure that you complete the following additional set-up tasks:
- Add the FYI Add-ins for Office and Outlook.
- Optimise your Computer for use with FYI.
Refer to the articles in the section Before you Begin.
Note: After starting the trial, if the Xero Administrator account who made the initial connection needs to be made inactive or deleted, please first contact the FYI Support Team at email@example.com.