FYI is deeply integrated with Microsoft 365 to deliver automation such as email auto-filing.
Business Standard is the minimum requirement.
The FYI Add-ins enable the key features of FYI to be available in Microsoft 365 Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This article contains the following sections:
- Options for adding FYI Add-ins
- Adding the FYI Add-ins to Your Practice Microsoft 365 Account
- Adding the FYI Add-ins as a User from Within Office and Outlook
- Checking your FYI Add-ins are Installed Correctly
- Optimising your Computer for FYI
Options for adding FYI Add-ins
There are two options for adding FYI Add-ins:
a. Add the FYI Add-ins to your Practice Microsoft 365 Account
b. Add the FYI Add-ins as a User from within Office and Outlook
Adding the FYI Add-ins to Your Practice Microsoft 365 Account
The FYI Add-ins can be added to your Practice Microsoft 365 Account. You must be a Microsoft 365 Administrator for your practice to complete this function on behalf of other users.
This is a mandatory step, that must be completed before your team begins using FYI.
- Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com and locate the FYI Add-ins in the Microsoft store.
- Install FYI for Outlook
- Install FYI for Office
Adding the FYI Add-ins as a User from Within Office and Outlook
The FYI Add-ins can be added by individual users from within Office and Outlook. This option can be useful, for example, if a small group of users want to trial FYI before onboarding the entire practice.
Checking your FYI Add-ins are Installed Correctly
To check that your FYI Add-ins are installed correctly, make sure you can access the Drawer in both Office and Outlook.
Click the FYI icon in your ribbon menu when using Office or Outlook on your desktop.
The FYI Drawer displays on the right-hand side.
For additional instructions on accessing the Drawer in Outlook and Office online, refer to Displaying the Drawer in FYI, Outlook and Office.
Optimising your Computer for FYI
Before getting started, please make sure you have completed the following steps to set up your computer:
- Configure your Outlook settings for FYI.
- Configure your OneDrive for use with FYI.
- Prepare your browser for FYI.