- The default view in Documents has changed name from "Recent" to "All".
- The default view for each type of list (documents, jobs and tasks) now appears at the top of the view selector with a divider below to indicate this is the default view.
- When editing a document in an Office product (with either online or desktop Office) after clicking I am finished editing, a message displays Please close document to finish syncing with FYI as a reminder that you need to close the document in the Office product to sync and unlock the edited document.
- Practice Settings includes a new setting Task Job Category. This controls whether or not users can select Job Category when adding Tasks that are associated with a Client. When Task Job Security is enabled, a Job Category field is included when creating a task and Job Category can be included as a column in Task lists. Refer to Practice Settings
- For tasks that are created with a Client selected, in the Task Details Category has been renamed Job Category.
- Changing the client of a document automatically reallocate any linked tasks to the updated client.
- When creating an email as Draft in FYI, an attachment sent through either OneDrive or Email is now correctly attached.
- Emails created from an Automation Process and now correctly exported as .eml (not as .msg).
- When a user is directed to a document via a Doc Link, this opens the Clients - Documents with the relevant document selected and the drawer open. Refer to Tool Bar Functions.
- When copying a document with the Copy button, the copied document is automatically displayed as selected in the document list with the drawer open. Refer to Tool Bar Functions.
- The Notification of a completed task includes the name of the Assignee who completed the task. Refer to Task Notifications.
- The default cabinet "Financials & Tax" has been renamed to "Final Reports & Returns".
- In the Filter Drawer, if needed, a scroll bar displays in the list of Categories.
- When the Preview pane is displayed for a document or email, if you can click on a different document/email in the list this leaves the drawer with the Preview pane still open. This displays both the filing details and the contents in the Preview of the newly selected document/email. This is a useful way to look through the contents of documents/emails.
- When creating an email in FYI and sending it as a Draft in Outlook, for clarification that it is still draft, the sending message now says Sending to FYI - Drafts in Outlook instead of displaying just "Sending".
- When clicking the Client name link in Automation - Process History this now displays the Client Summary workspace for he relevant client.
- Does not allow Save as new version (in the Versions section of the drawer) if the document is locked.
- Connection where the ‘source’ type is ‘ATO Mate’ is now correct for the changes made by ATO Mate.
- When creating an email in FYI, the Name field now displays under the selection for Template.
- When creating and updating a Task, the Cabinet field (f enabled with Task Security for your practice) now displays under the Client field.
- When clicking I am finished editing, the drawer now closes automatically.
- Making a user inactive in Xero Practice Manager no longer makes the user inactive in FYI.
- When saving a view that has a sort order applied to a column, the sort indicator now displays in the relevant column heading.
When saving a view that has a filter applied for the Partner or Manager column, the filter indicator now displays in the relevant column heading.
- Opening a previous version of a document from the Version section in the drawer, now opens the correct version.
- When a single document is checkmarked in a list, this now displays the same functions in the tool bar as when a document is highlighted in the list. Refer to Selecting Documents in a List.
- Added an option to the Export button to Export with reference. This will append the FYI Reference Number to the exported file name. Export will not append the Reference Number. Refer to Exporting Documents.
- When replying to an email in FYI and adding an attachment, the document is now attached correctly and has the correct filing details.
- When adding a task to document, the list now displays the task indicator icon without having to refresh the list.
- The count of the number of documents the In Tray tab now shows only the number of threaded documents and does not include documents in the thread.
- AutoFile now excludes automatic replies for meeting invites sent from Outlook.
- Corrected error when saving a Job view.
- Corrected the formatting of the Font selector in Preview.
- Corrected error when closing the Task drawer from Preview.
- The Year merge field is now being populated correctly for Activity Statements from the Tax Returns Automation process.
- The Filter Drawer has been added as an alternative way to navigate in Documents lists and Clients - Documents.This lets you easily locate documents for a selected Cabinet and Category in a similar way to selecting folders in Windows Explorer. This can be used as an alternative to selecting filters from the column headings in a list. Refer to Filter Drawer.
- In the Documents list and Clients - Documents, if you apply a filter to the Cabinet or Category column, the View name in the View button is replaced and displays the filters you have selected. Refer to Filtering on Cabinet and Category in Sorting and Filtering.
- Change of style for the buttons at the top of lists for Email Content, Hide Threads, Mine and Starred.
- You can include Merge Fields in a Template for Excel to bring in content from Xero Practice Manager and from FYI. These are added by copying Merge Fields from the FYI Email Template function and pasting these into the Excel file. Refer to Creating Templates for Excel with Merge Fields.
- When changing the Task Subject in the drawer, you can now click the Tick icon to save the change, or click the X icon to not save the change.
- Corrected issue where the FYI Drawer in Outlook was blank after filing an email.
- Deleted Category no longer included if it has been saved as a filter in a view.
- When previewing a document attached to a Task, this now displays the Send button.
- Merge fields in an email template that is used in an Automation process now correctly populate the email created.
- Jobs and Tasks lists now shows the checkboxes on the left-hand side so there is no need to first click the Select button to show these.
- Correctly keeps the check in icon displayed (with the name of the person editing) when copying and editing a document.
- The Cabinet column can now be sorted and used as a filter in the same way as other columns.
- When sending a .xlsm spreadsheet as an email attachment, this is now attached correctly and not converted to .xlsx.
- When creating a spreadsheet template with an a .xlsm spreadsheet, this now creates a document as .xlsm.
- When editing an email that is "Draft in FYI", the address that the email will be sent to displays in the Editor. Refer to Creating an Email within FYI.
- When clicking Settings in the top right-hand corner of FYI, this now also displays the email address they logged in as (under the name) so they can check which email address they used to log in. This is useful to check if the user has logged in to FYI as an Email Alias, for example their personal email address, and have not logged out so they are not logged in as the correct Office 365 account. Refer to Individual Settings and Email Alias in Managing Users.
- When the Workflow Status is set as "Completed", "Approved", "Pending Client Signature" or "Client Signed" the document is Read Only. When you hover over the document in a list, it displays with the Lock icon. Hovering over the Lock icon now displays details of why the document is read only, for example, "Read Only as workflow state is Completed", "Read Only as workflow state is Approved". Refer to Locked Documents - Read Only in Workflow.
- When a document is being edited, it shows the Lock icon next to the document name in a list as well as the Locked for editing icon at the right-hand side of the list. Refer to Opening and Editing Documents.
- Certain functions, such as Copy, Drag and Drop Import and some automations, were incorrectly setting the Delivery Status of the document as "Draft". Documents are now only set with the Delivery Status as "Draft" when they are created with a using a stationery or template with a default delivery of "Draft".
- Emails created as “Draft In FYI” that have one or more attachments now show the paperclip icon in the document lists and also in the Editor tab from the drawer.
- When creating an email in FYI and changing the Email Address, the new address is now correctly retained.
- Changing the sequence in which columns display in Jobs views is now working correctly.
- The buttons in the tool bar now display correctly when changing the Status in the Workflow section of a document from "Complete" to "Not Started" or from "Not Started" to "Complete".
- Archived clients no longer display in the selector for Client in workspaces.
- Corrected an error where documents that were created by a Process Automation were displaying a Task icon in drawer where there is no Task.
- When Exporting a Documents list this now correctly the Cabinet column in the downloaded CSV file.
- "Refile Old" tab no longer displays in Practice Settings > Documents.
- In Users, you can no longer enter of edit the Email Alias for a user, but it can be deleted. Refer to Users.
- In the In Tray:
- When you click File to file the currently selected email or document, the drawer automatically closes so you can easily file the next email/document in your In Tray.
- The In Tray includes the Cabinet column as default.
Refer to Clearing your In Tray.
- Processes and Custom Processes can now be used to create a PDF by adding a step Create PDF. A PDF Template must be used to create the PDF. Refer to Automation Process Steps and Creating Templates for PDF.
- A new option Administer - Automations in the User Groups controls which users who can add, edit or delete Automation Processes. Refer to User Groups and Automation Processes.
- On the Preview for a document, the action buttons now include Tool tips to show what each button is used for.
- In the Workflow Status drop-down:
- "Completed" now displays above "Pending Approval" in the drop-down list of statuses.
- You will only see a Status if you have the Approval Level to select it.
Refer to Workflow.
- When creating emails within FYI, the Cabinet is now correctly populated according to the filing defaults that are not set up at a client level or at the user level if defaults have not been set up for the client. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client and Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login.
- Inconsistency when searching clients and jobs.
- In the Automation - Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions, the setting AutoFile email attachments has been renamed Save Attachments Separately.
- To overcome issues where Office is caching edits of a document, every time a file is edited it is given a new name relative to the last edit.
- From the open drawer of a document, if you change the Name of a document, click the Tick icon to save the change (or click the X icon to not save the change). Refer to Updating Filing Details of a Document
- Name and filing structure of the default cabinets for new sites can be changed.
- When the drawer reloads after a document sync, the action bar in the drawer is correctly updating.
- In your In Tray, if an email is received where the email address is shared by more than one client, and none have been nominated to Include in AutoFile, a list of the clients who hold that email address displays in the drawer so you can select which client to file it under. The list of clients now shows with none ticked instead of all ticked.
- The Clients - Corporate Affairs tab populates the annual statements from NowInfinity for three years back.
- In the Documents list, hovering the mouse over the Group displays the group name in the tooltip.
- In Practice Settings - Admin - User Groups, the system User Group Admin is displayed in the User Groups list. This cannot be removed or edited. Refer to User Groups.
- In the Workflow section in the drawer, the order in which the fields display has changed to Status, Approver then Owner.
- if Task Security is set in your Practice Settings, for the automation steps that create a Task, a Cabinet can be selected to add the Cabinet security to the task. This ensures that only users with access to that Cabinet can see the task, for example, for sensitive areas such as HR or performance management. When creating a task, you can select the cabinet. Where a task is automatically created as linked to a document, the task cabinet is inherited from the document created and displays in the task details. Refer to Automation Process Steps and Practice Settings.
- Increased the width of the drop-down box for view names so that names of the default FYI views do not wrap.
- Create Email now correctly populates the client filing defaults such as Cabinet and Category.
- Corrected an error in Jobs where Assigned users for the Job were being removed.
- Corrected error with displaying the Year and Group columns in the Recent view of the Document list.
- The total limit of the file size of document(s) attached to an email has been increased to 15MB from 3MB. Refer to Email Attachments.
- If the Owner is changed to a different user, a Comment is created automatically and pre-filled with the new owner, the old owner, the name of the user who made the change user and a message that the owner was changed. Click the Comment button to send the Comment.
- When using the Bulk Export files are exported to the FYI - Export folder in your OneDrive. Refer to Bulk Export OneDrive.
- When creating a task as part of an automation process step, a Cabinet can be selected to add the Cabinet security to the task. This ensures that only users with access to that Cabinet can see the task, for example, for sensitive areas such as HR or performance management. When creating a task as a step, you select the cabinet in the filing details. Where a task is automatically created as linked to a document, the task cabinet is inherited from the document created and displays in the task details. Refer to Automation Process Steps.
- When “Draft in FYI” emails are opened in the My Workflows list, they are now correctly opened in edit mode so the approver can edit them if required.
- The Filter for Custom Processes includes the option Has Email. When Has Email is ticked, the process includes only those clients with a valid email address. Refer to Custom Processes.
- When any filters have been applied (in addition to any set by default for that view by FYI) the Filters applied icon displays on the right-hand side of the column headings. This icon displays even if filter(s) have been applied and the filtered column(s) are not currently selected in the list. This is useful if the documents in the list do not show what you expect. Use the Reset View option in the View Tools to clear any filters and reset it to the default filters. Refer to Sorting and Filtering.
- Clear Search in the View Tools has been renamed Reset View.
- Workflows - Refer to Workflow and Using the Workflow for Approval.
- The tool bar in Dashboard - My Workflows now includes all action buttons. You can also access these actions, including Approve, from the tool bar at the top of the Preview pane.
- When you display the drawer for a document in My Workflows, the Workflow section in the drawer opens automatically.
- When a document is approved, a Comment is created automatically and pre-filled with a message that the document has been approved with the name of the user who made the approval and with the name of the Owner to send the Comment to. Click the Comment button to send the Comment.
- Setting the Workflow Status to "Changes Requested" automatically creates a Comment which is pre-filled with a message that changes have been requested. This includes the name of user requesting changes and the name of the Owner to send the Comment to. You can add additional information to the comment text. Click the Comment button to send it and the document is removed from My Workflows.
- Corrected issue where exporting a document in FYI and attaching it to an email set the workflow Status to Client Signed.
- Slow loading of the processes in the Automation workspace for some sites.
- Correct data for Year now shows in the views created initially.
- For easy access, the Refresh button is now located at the end of the column headings, on the right-hand side of a list, and is no longer in the View Tools. Refresh is used to update a list of documents for an update that has happened in the background. Refer to Refreshing a View in Document Lists.
- Search returns Jobs with commas in the name when searching on the Job name.
- Corrected issue where an extra "Re" was added and doubled it up in the subject line when an email from Gmail was replied to from FYI.