The chart below outlines the key items your practice should consider when setting your FYI Go Live date.
It includes simple set up tasks, the steps you need to follow to migrate historical documents and configurations to consider before onboarding your broader team.
Click here to download the chart as a PDF.
Before migrating historical documents into FYI, we recommend you review FYI’s default configurations and make any adjustments necessary to suit your practice for the following:
- Your Cabinets and Categories
- Your User Groups
- Your Active Users
You will also need to add your billing details to set up your FYI Account.
Refer to Configuration.
The successful migration of your historical documents into FYI is a fundamental part of onboarding.
Refer to Migration.
You can start your migration process by downloading the FYI Migrate App and using it to begin a live sync of your documents from your historical document store into FYI. Refer to Using the FYI Migrate App to Sync your Data.
Our sync is continuous rather than only at one point in time. This means, that during the migration process your team will still have access to your existing system and can edit or create documents as per normal.
The FYI Migrate app will run a live sync of any newly created or edited documents until a designated migration cut-off date and time. The migration cut-off is at 5pm AEST, two business days prior to the desired Go Live date.
- If Go Live day is Monday - Migration cut-off will be 5pm AEST on Thursday the week prior.
- If Go Live day is Wednesday - Migration cut-off will be 5pm AEST on the Monday prior.
It's important to note that the sync cannot identify deleted documents (this can result in the file being migrated, even though it was deleted at the source), or relocated/moved documents (this can result in duplicate files being migrated from both the original location and the relocated location).
In the period between your migration cut-off time and your Go Live Day, your team maintains uninterrupted access to your historical document management system. There is no downtime for your practice. They can create and edit as per normal, the only difference is that these documents are not being synced by FYI. This means that any document created/edited during this time will not appear in FYI on Go Live day.
Note: We recommend sending the following, or a similar message, to your team prior to the migration cut-off:
"From 5pm on XX/XX/20XX until the morning of the FYI Go Live date, the documents you create and edit are not being synced by FYI. Please save these documents locally, or to a folder you can easily locate. On Go Live day, you can drag and drop these documents into FYI."
Your Go Live Day
Your practice will also need to designate a preferred Go Live day.
This is the date that your document migration is complete, with your specified historical documents imported into FYI and filed for the first time.
- For sites choosing Assisted Onboarding, typically a practice can go live 10+ business days from your Discovery Meeting. Our aim is to deliver a clean transition to FYI with your team having access to their work-in-progress documents from day one. This is subject to acceptance of our Assisted Onboarding proposal and quote. Refer to Discovery.
- Sites performing DIY Onboarding will receive an email from the FYI Client Success team inviting you to book in your Go Live date. This allows us to provide additional support as required on this critical day.
To complete the migration process, you will need to complete a few simple admin tasks to ensure your documents are correctly filed in FYI before onboarding your team.
- Identify Archived Clients
- Resolve Unmatched Clients
- Nominate Primary Clients to include in AutoFile
- Update document filing details (as required)
Refer to Post Migration Admin.
Configuring FYI for your Practice
We recommend competing the following configurations before onboarding your broader team:
- Set up your practice letterhead
- Set up your email signatures
- Start setting up templates
- Check your Practice Settings
- Check your Automation Settings
Refer to Configuration.