With FYI, working remotely from home can be simple and straightforward and ensures business continuity as if you were still in the office.
If you are using the same computer/laptop at home that you use in the office, the process for filing emails is almost the same, regardless of whether you access Outlook via your browser (web Outlook) or via your desktop. Refer to the articles in the section Filing Email from FYI.
When using web Outlook, the only difference is where you access the FYI Add-in from.
Filing Emails from Web Outlook, the online version of Outlook
- From your web Outlook, click to select the email you want to file.
- In the body of the email, on the right-hand side, click the More Actions option which shows as the ellipsis (...) icon.
- This displays a drop-down menu and the Add-in FYI for Outlook is usually located at the bottom of the list.
If the FYI Add-in is not included, click Get Add-ins and add the FYI Add-in.
- From the drop-down, click FYI for Outlook to display the FYI Drawer for the selected email.
- The filing sections show the Client, Cabinet and Categories that have been selected for the email and owner.
Adding FYI-Apps for Office and Outlook for New Computers
If you are working on a computer that had not previously been set up for FYI (for example, your laptop at home) you need to:
- Ensure you have the correct pre-requisites on that computer. Refer to What are the pre-requisites for FYI?
- Add the FYI Apps for Office and Outlook, to ensure that the FYI application works seamlessly with these application. Refer to Adding the FYI Apps for Office and Outlook.
Refer also to Optimising a computer for use with FYI.
As soon as FYI is deployed, it starts to monitor the Inbox and Sent items in your Outlook. FYI scans your Inbox and Sent folders looking for emails that match a client email address in FYI. Any client emails received or sent are automatically imported and filed in FYI under the relevant client.
For more information about auto-filing, refer to Introduction to Email AutoFile.
You can set various defaults for AutoFile for your own login. Refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
Your FYI administrator can set up how the auto-filing processes are used in your practice for Emails, Email Attachments and Calendar Entry AutoFile. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.