There are various configurations that can be set up for your practice. These need to be checked to ensure the defaults are correct for your practice's requirements.
For example, the defaults for the practice are set to "Desktop" for both Open Outlook using and Open Office using. These set the defaults for when emails or documents are opened, either with Desktop or via the Browser. Users are set, by default, to use the "Practice Default" for these, so what is set here will be applicable initially for all users.
For details of all the settings, refer to Settings in Practice Settings.
Other Practice Configurations
There are also certain environment configurations and checks that are needed. Refer to the articles in the section Practice Set Up.
When installing FYI, the following Process Automations are automatically installed for your practice. These need to be checked to ensure the automations are correct for your practice's requirements.
- Xero Practice Manager - your clients, client groups, jobs and team data are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and will be continuously synchronised.
By default, Xero Practice Manager is set "On".
Refer to the section Xero Practice Automations.
- Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions - any client emails sent and received in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
By default (with the exception of the AutoFile else In Tray option) all the settings in Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions are set "On".
Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
- Calendar Entry AutoFile - any calendar entries made in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
By default, Calendar Entry AutoFile is set "Off".
Refer to Calendar Entry AutoFile Settings.
- Tax Return AutoFile - any tax returns created in Xero Tax will be imported into FYI on a daily basis.
By default, Tax Return AutoFile is "Off".
Refer to Tax Return AutoFile.
- All other Process Automations that are installed by FYI (for example, Tax Assessments
Client Ledger Reports, NowInfinity, BGL, etc) are set by default as "Off".