There are various configurations need to be checked in FYI to ensure the defaults are correct for your practice's requirements.
For example, the defaults for login timeout, opening emails or documents via the Desktop or via the Browser, and more.
Refer to Practice Settings.
Note: To check that your practice environment and individual users are correctly set up to use FYI, refer to the articles in the section Practice Set Up.
Every new FYI user can set up personal defaults to reflect their individual preferences.
Users can access and review the settings for their own login from Settings > My Settings
The defaults in My Settings - Profile are as follows:
- Notification Mode - “Email”
- AutoFile Email Attachments - “On”
- Preview Office Via OneDrive - “On”
- Open Outlook using - “Practice Default”
- Open Office using - “Practice Default”
- AutoFile mode - “Practice Default”
The defaults in My Settings - Documents are as follows:
- Cabinet - “Correspondence”
- Year - Set as the calendar year, for example, 2021, 2022 etc
Refer to Individual Settings and Status.
Outlook Email, Outlook Calendar, Xero Practice Manager and FYI Apps
By default, the following Apps are set to “On”:
- Xero Practice Manager - your clients, client groups, jobs and team data are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and will be continuously synchronised.
Refer to Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
- Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults - This is the Outlook Email App. Any client emails sent and received in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
Refer to Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults..
By default, the following Apps are set to “Off”:
- Calendar Entry AutoFile - This is the Outlook Calendar App. This automatically imports and files client meetings from your users' Outlook calendars. They are created as Meetings in FYI. This allows your practice to automatically store a record of all client meetings. Refer to Calendar Entry AutoFile.
- Nightly Backup - This performs an automatic Bulk Export into your practice's OneDrive the folder FYI - Backup. Refer to Nightly Backup.
Sample Process Automations
When installing FYI, a number of Sample Process Automations are automatically installed for your practice. These need to be checked and configured to suit your practice's requirements. These include:
- Xero Tax Return AutoFile (Australia Only)
- Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Not Postal/Agreed & Postal) (Australia Only)
- Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) (Australia Only)
- Client Ledger Reports AutoFile
- My Imports
- Negative Email Alert