There are various configurations need to be checked in FYI to ensure the defaults are correct for your practice's requirements.
For example, the defaults for login timeout, opening emails or documents via the Desktop or via the Browser, and more.
Refer to Practice Settings.
Note: To check that your practice environment and individual users are correctly set up to use FYI, refer to the articles in the section Practice Set Up.
Every new FYI user can set up personal defaults to reflect their individual preferences.
Users can access and review the settings for their own login from Settings > My Settings
The defaults in My Settings - Profile are as follows:
- Notification Mode - “Email”
- AutoFile Email Attachments - “On”
- Preview Office Via OneDrive - “On”
- Open Outlook using - “Practice Default”
- Open Office using - “Practice Default”
- AutoFile mode - “Practice Default”
The defaults in My Settings - Documents are as follows:
- Cabinet - “Correspondence”
- Year - Set as the calendar year, for example, 2021, 2022 etc
Refer to Individual Settings and Status.
When installing FYI, a number of Sample Process Automations are automatically installed for your practice. These need to be checked and configured to suit your practice's requirements.
By default, the following Process Automations are set to “On”:
- Xero Practice Manager - your clients, client groups, jobs and team data are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and will be continuously synchronised.
Refer to the section Xero Practice Automations.
- Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions - any client emails sent and received in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
All other Sample Process Automations that are installed by FYI are set by default as "Off". This includes:
- Calendar Entry AutoFIle
- Tax Return AutoFile
- Negative Email Alert
- Client Ledger Reports AutoFile
- My Imports
- Automatic Document Imports
- Tax Assessment AutoFile
- Nightly Backup
Refer to the articles in the section Process Automation.