Have some questions about getting started? We’ve put together answers to frequently asked questions to help make your 30-Day Free Trial period a success.
Are there any prerequisites for using FYI?
Yes, there are two prerequisites for using FYI:
- FYI is deeply integrated with Microsoft 365 to deliver document and email automation.
Microsoft 365 Business Standard is the minimum license required for FYI users to be able to edit documents from FYI using the desktop versions of Office or Outlook.
- Integration with Xero Practice Manager allows you to sync your clients, client groups, team and jobs without having to maintain data in multiple locations.
What can I do in FYI during the 30-day trial?
During your 30-day trial, FYI’s entire feature set is available for you to explore.
Refer to Platform Overview.
Before you begin, make sure you have installed the FYI Add-ins for Office and Outlook and optimised your computer for use with FYI. You may also wish to import a batch of documents, to work with inside of FYI.
Refer to the articles in the section Before you Begin.
As soon as you’ve logged in, you can explore the main menu and workspaces, start using Document lists, and learn how to access the Drawer in FYI, Outlook and Office.
Refer to the articles in the section Navigating FYI.
It is useful to understand a few key concepts - such as using the Drawer, filing to Cabinets and Categories, finding information in FYI and using the + button to create - before you begin.
Two automations are activated for you in FYI at the start of your trial - Email AutoFile and Xero Practice Manager Sync. You can explore all of the sample automations that come shipped with FYI and configure them for your practice - or start creating your own custom processes.
Refer to the articles in Learning the Essentials.
Who owns our data? And if we decide to cancel our subscription, what happens?
Your practice always owns your data. If you want to leave, anyone with the role of administrator can download all documents in a logical folder hierarchy of client and then metadata.
What happens when the trial period ends?
When you subscribe to FYI, all the documents, settings and integrations added during your trial are available when you go live. If you decide not to subscribe, you can easily download your documents and your entire account and data will be permanently deleted.
Do I have to commit to a long-term contract?
No, there are no long-term contracts required with FYI. Your account is a month-to-month commitment.
How do I know which plan is right for my practice?
Our Starter plan will provide instant results with a more efficient way to manage emails. Upgrade to Intermediate to access FYI’s unique blend of document management and CRM. Advance to Pro to access all features, including advanced automations.
You can upgrade your account any time you like. We expect over time almost all practices will end up on our top plan due to the level of automation it offers.
For more details on FYI Features and Pricing Plans, visit our website at https://www.fyidocs.com/
Do we need a consultant to assist with implementation and training?
The best approach to implementing FYI in your practice will depend on the size and complexity of your historical data, number of users and amount of training required.
The FYI Client Success team can provide an Assisted Onboarding plan including the migration of your data, initial set up of FYI and training as required.
If you would prefer to work with a consultant, then we have a range of independent experts to choose from.
What level of support does FYI provide?
We provide email support and access to a comprehensive knowledge base. This support is included in monthly pricing at no extra cost.
- Email Support - Our support team is available during business hours to answer any of your queries. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any particularly complicated issue, we will initiate an outbound call.
- The FYI Help Centre is a comprehensive knowledge base designed to assist you on your FYI journey. It provides detailed help articles, tutorial videos and release notes to help you use the app to its full potential.
- The FYI User Community is where FYI users can discuss features and best practice, share insights and ideas, and ask questions to ensure your practice is getting the most out of FYI. Click here to join.
- FYI administrators will also receive invitations to Masterclasses. These live webinars are hosted by the FYI Client Success Team every month or so, We provide email support and access to a comprehensive knowledge base.
How do I subscribe to an FYI Plan?
At the completion of your 30-Day Free Trial, you will need to select an FYI subscription to suit your practice. For more details on FYI Features and Pricing Plans, visit our website at https://www.fyidocs.com/
For information on activating your subscription, refer to Subscribing to an FYI Plan.