In the Documents list and in the Clients - Documents tab, you can use the Filter Drawer to easily locate documents for a selected Cabinet and Category. This lets you retrieve documents in a similar way to selecting folders in Windows Explorer and can be used as an alternative to selecting filters from the column headings in a list.
In the Documents lists, in addition to the selection of views, the View button also opens the Filter Drawer.
- To open the Filter Drawer, click the View button itself.
The Filter Drawer displays on the left-hand side with a list of the Cabinets you have access to.
- Select the required Cabinet.
The documents for the selected Cabinet display.
The Categories for the selected Cabinet display in the Filter Drawer so you can filter further if required. If needed, the Filter Drawer displays a scroll bar in the list of Categories.
- To filter on Category, select the Category in the Filter Drawer.
The Filter Drawer stays open so you can change the filters.
- You can include additional Categories by clicking on one of these. So you can change the example above to display both Year 2020 and 2019.
- To remove a Category from the Filter, click it again to deselect it.
- You can combine selections from more than one type of Category. The following example shows a selection from Admin Type and a Year.
Note: When the Filter Drawer is open, the Search Documents field and the Email Content, Hide Threads, Mine and Starred buttons are not available. To re-display these, close the Filter Drawer.
Closing and Reopening the Filter Drawer
To close the Filter Drawer, at the bottom of the drawer, click Done.
The view name is replaced to to show the filter(s) that have been applied.
To reopen the Filter Drawer, click the View button again.
Resetting the Filters to Reselect the Cabinet
To reset the filters, click the X next to the selected Cabinet, or at the bottom of the drawer, click Reset. This allows you to select a different Cabinet.
All filters are cleared when you select a different menu option.