Where users have a different email address in Xero Practice Manager and for Microsoft 365, FYI allows for an Email Alias, (that is, the Microsoft 365 email address) to be used as an alternate to the Xero Practice Manager email address.
The Microsoft 365 email alias for a user is only added after the user has proven their identity by the sending of a Magic Link to an authorised email address listed in Xero Practice Manager, that they can access and click to activate.
Linking an Email Alias to your FYI Login Email Address
- Start FYI in the usual way https://app.fyidocs.com
- When prompted to Login Login with your Microsoft 365 email address
- A message displays "No active user". Refer to Error "No active user" when logging into FYI.
- Click the here link next to the prompt "This can be done using FYI's secure Magic Link".
If you do not see the link, refer below to Option to the Magic Link is not showing.
- Enter the email address that you use to login to Xero Practice Manager.
Note: It is important that this is the email address that is active in Xero Practice Manager.
- Click Get Magic Link to send an email to your Xero Practice Manager email address.
- Open the email you receive and follow the prompts in the email to verify the link.
Once you have verified the link, you can then log in to FYI using the email address of the Microsoft 365 you have linked to your Xero Practice Manager login email address.
The email address you have linked displays as the Email Alias in your User profile which can be displayed by an FYI administrator. Refer to Managing Users.
Note: To check which email address you have logged in with, click Settings in the top right-hand corner. This displays the name of the user and also the email address you have logged in as. Refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
If you have, for example, your personal email address as your alias, email notifications from FYI will be sent to that email address.
If the Option to the Magic Link is not showing
If you see the message "No Active User" but when you click "Different Practice and Office Logins" you do not see the prompt "This can be done using FYI's secure Magic Link".
You may already be logged in to a Microsoft account.
- Log out of the other account.
- Close the browser.
- Login to FYI again.
The email you want to use exists in another FYI account.
If you think this is the case, please contact the FYI Support Team at email@example.com.