Where users have a different email address between XPM and Microsoft 365, FYI allows for an Email Alias, that is, the Microsoft 365 email address as an alternate from the XPM email address.
The Microsoft 365 email alias for a user is only added after the user has proven their identity by the sending of a Magic Link to an authorised email address listed in XPM, that they can access and click to activate.
Linking an Email Alias to your FYI Login Email Address
- Start FYI in the usual way https://app.fyidocs.com
- When prompted to Login Login with your Microsoft 365 email address
- A message displays "We could not find a user for your email"
- Click the here link next to the prompt "Your Microsoft 365 email login is different to your XPM login then you can link the two here"
If you do not see the link, refer below to
- Enter the email address that you use to login to Xero Practice Manager.
- Click Get Magic Link to send an email to your Xero Practice Manager email address.
- Open the email you receive and follow the prompts in the email to verify the link.
Once you have verified the link, you can then log in to FYI using the email address of the Microsoft 365 you have linked to your Xero Practice Manager login email address.
The email address you have linked displays as the Email Alias in your User profile which can be displayed by an FYI administrator. Refer to Managing Users.
To check which email address you have logged in with, click Settings in the top right-hand corner. This displays the name of the user and also the email address you have logged in as. Refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
If you have, for example, your personal email address as your alias, email notifications from FYI will be sent to that email address.
Option to the Magic Link is not showing
If you see the message "We could not find a user for your email" but you do not see the prompt "Your Microsoft 365 email login is different to your XPM login then you can link the two here":
You may already be logged in to a Microsoft account.
- Log out of the other account.
- Close the browser.
- Login to FYI again.
The email you want to use exists in another FYI account.
If you think this is the case, please contact the FYI Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.