The Tasks list displays tasks for all clients across the practice.
This article contains the following sections:
- Using the Tasks List
- Status Column
- Tasks Created by an Automation Process
- Task Security
- Task Link
- Searching and Filtering for Tasks
- Changing the Column Widths
- Changing the Columns Displayed in the Tasks List
- Sorting and Applying Filters
Using the Tasks List
- You can filter the list, for example, by Client, Assignee or Delegator to monitor workloads.
- The Status icon indicates whether a Task is "Not Started", “In Progress” or “Complete”.
- By default the view displays "Incomplete Tasks". You can change this to display "My Tasks", "Not Started" or "Overdue Tasks".
- Clicking on any Task in the workspace will open the Drawer so that you can Update Task details as required.
In the Status column, the following icons are used to indicate the status of a task:
Tasks Created by an Automation Process
Where a task has been created as part of a process this shows the delegator as "System" and it displays with the View Process Checklist icon. Clicking the View Process Checklist icon displays the Client - Process History Checklist for the Process that created the Task. From the Client - Process History Checklist, the Task details can be displayed and if relevant, the Status changed. Refer to the Client Process History Checklist.
If Task Security has been enabled in the Practice Settings for your practice, the Cabinet column is automatically included in the Task views. Refer to Managing Practice Settings and Managing User Groups.
Click on any part of the task in the Tasks workspace to display Update Task in the Drawer. Refer to Updating and Actioning Tasks from the Drawer.
In the Tasks list, you can use the Task Link button to create a hyperlink to the selected task. You can also right-click and select Task Link from the pop-up menu.
The Task Link is copied to your clipboard and can be pasted outside of FYI. A Task Link can be used in emails to other internal users, as a reference to the task. When a user is directed to a document via a Task Link, this opens the Tasks list with the relevant task selected and the drawer open.
Searching and Filtering for Tasks
When applying a Filter to the Subject column in the Tasks lists, the Filter is always added with the qualifier of "Contains".
- Adding a filter for the Subject column also automatically adds this as the search criteria in the Search field.
- Adding Search criteria, in the Search Tasks field, also automatically adds this as the "Contains" filter for the Subject column.
On a Tasks List, if you have entered search criteria in the Search tasks, or entered a Filter for the Subject, this is carried over to the Tasks Board if you display the Board.
On the Tasks Board, entering search criteria in the Search tasks then displaying the List carries over the search and adds it to the Filter for Subject in the List.
Changing the Column Widths
You can drag the edge of the column heading to increase or decrease the column width. You can also Autosize one or all columns to set the column width(s) to automatically fit the contents. Refer to Autosize Columns/Autosize All Columns in Using the Tasks Lists.
Changing the Columns Displayed in the Tasks List
You can change the columns displayed in the Tasks list. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in the Tasks Lists.
Sorting and Applying Filters
You can sort on a relevant column and apply filters to relevant columns. Refer to Sorting and Filtering Tasks Lists.